Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hacked Kinect Used as 3d Camera

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

Thats pretty cool! Wonder what else people will be able to do with Kinect!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Ravage1616 wrote: »
    Thats pretty cool! Wonder what else people will be able to do with Kinect!
    Who knows? In the distant future someone might even develop a decent game for it. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭EoghanConway

How about linking the data from 2 or more together? To fill in those "shadows"?

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

How about linking the data from 2 or more together? To fill in those "shadows"?

Was think that myself but think that'll take a bit longer to work out!

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭EoghanConway

You could have your own ghetto matrix for less than €500 ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭ryaner012

that's quite slick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

That reminds me of minority report for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

That reminds me of minority report for some reason
    It's very cool Tech demo, but I can't help but be reminded of the video for "Take on Me", by a-Ha when watching it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

That's very cool. I imagine this will go the way of dolby stereo. One of the successors of the kinect will probably be surround imaging; 2 - 5 small cameras collecting the information and building a more accurate 3D image instead of one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

The kinect is realitively cheap when you consider the technology you get. Will definetly get one after seeing this

• Advertisement
Advertisement