Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed !

Options
  • 15-11-2010 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭

Hello to one and all,
    So in August I paid for my licences, due to things out of my control I had to move house (four weeks later) , I sent in a FCA2 within a few days of the move .As of this date I still have not recieved my new or updated licences. I have called the local station a number of times ,but to no avail.
    so I have two questions :
    1. can I still go out hunting / shooting ?
    2. what do I do now ?

David

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭4gun

the way I see it the guns are licenced to you and not your address...unless you changed your name.
    This is only my personal opionion

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

If you have not received your license AT ALL then i would say, to be on the safe side, avoid bringing out your firearms until the issue is resolved.

Technically a grant letter is not a license and while you may or may not "get away with it" if stopped by a Garda you run the risk of landing yourself in trouble.

Continue to ring the station,but also write out/print out a letter outlining your problem and the fact that you have not received either license. Also include a copy of the grant letter to prove your point. if you have a copy of your FCA2 photocopy that and include it too.

Your FO may be missing your calls, but if you leave the letter for a week and then continue to call he/she will have to have received it at some point. There are further steps you can take, but these are for when all else fails.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

Talked to 'Mary in Garda HQ' today, talk about the most helpful person you could deal with !!!
    did as advised , new paperwork on the way (was also advised not to use my firearms until new licences recieved )

David

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭vixdname

whydave wrote: »
    Talked to 'Mary in Garda HQ' today, talk about the most helpful person you could deal with !!!
    did as advised , new paperwork on the way (was also advised not to use my firearms until new licences recieved )

David

AAAAhhhh good old Mary in the Phoenix park - she kept me from going insane on a number of occasions over the years when paperwork was never sent or went missing in my local station

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

whydave wrote: »
    did as advised , new paperwork on the way

Dear God !!!!!
    New Licences recieved this morning !!!!!!:D
    Lads something in this country is working !!!! :rolleyes:

Thanks for all the help

David

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Yes, that lady is an absolute treasure vault of common sense and hands on problem solving. I believe she is civilian staff but we should all write to the Garda Commissioner and inform him of the excellent nature of her work and her positive attitude. She deserves recognition in some shape or form for what she's done for Irelands gun owners over the years.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

+ 1 to the above
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Advertisement