Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Injury woes(Tom could need surgery)

Options
  • 15-11-2010 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭

Tottenham have been dealt a massive blow with the news that Tom Huddlestone will be sidelined for at least eight weeks with ankle ligament damage, Goal.com UK can reveal. Scans have revealed the midfielder is not recovering from the troublesome ankle problem he has been carrying for the last few weeks and could now need an operation.

The club's initial prognosis is that Huddlestone will miss between eight and ten weeks of action and is not expected to return until next year.

Huddlestone, 23, has been receiving painkilling injections to nurse him through Tottenham's hectic fixture schedule but the injury has been deteriorating and reached a head at the end of last week.

He joins the likes of Jermain Defoe, Michael Dawson, Ledley King and Jonathan Woodgate on the sidelines as Spurs' injury problems continue to mount.

The England international has been a vital part of Harry Redknapp's side since establishing himself as a regular starter last season.

He played a key role as Spurs finished fourth in the Premier League last season and has captained the side in the absence of King and Dawson.

Huddlestone has formed an impressive partnership with Luka Modric at the heart of the Tottenham midfield with his accurate passing and defensive awareness.

The former Derby County man was most recently in the headlines last week when he escaped FA sanctions for an apparent stamp on Johan Elmander during Tottenham's 4-2
    So at the moment we have out
    Charlie,Gio,Daws, defoe, Ledly, Woody,Hudd,Keane,Lennon and O'hara

With a goalie its a second eleven

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

yet still many tottenham fans, have been giving out that we have not been performing up to standard, but when ya look at the injuries that we have, I wouldn't like to be in the position that harry is in having to put up with it,? Especially booing at sunderland, and its not exactly as if we are miles off the top, I think we are doin a great job with the resources that we have that's just my point of view on things,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Wow, we're really struggling at the moment on the injury front. Not good news, and all of our injuries are long term as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

are they all long term?

i thought defoe is nearly ready to come back?

i know physioroom.com isnt the most reliable thing but they reckon king will be back by the 22nd nov

lennon and keane could be ready by the weekend too no?

hudd is a big loss admittedly.....he has become the heartbeat of our midfield.....big opportunity for jenas/sandro/palacios to impress.....3 massive games comin up

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Confirmed out for 3 months

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Nightmare,

He's been top notch lately and I'm not sold on Sandro. Maybe Palacios will be the player he can be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Anto12

Disaster - THe Hudd is a mjor loss .. So is King & Dawson & Defoe as well as the rest of the crew that are out .. Would take a point at the Emirates .. just hope we dont get a hammering !!!:):)

Advertisement