Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red mold on outside wall?

• 15-11-2010 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭

The boundary wall of our site has become covered with an ugly looking red mold. (The wall is pebble dashed).

I have power hosed about half of it (I'll do the rest tomorrow), which has removed some of the mold, but not all (even though I think I was fairly careful when power washing and got as much as I could off). Is there anything that I can do to get rid of the rest? Any spray that will kill/remove the mold? I'd really like to brighten up the wall, as it looks terrible at the moment.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

The boundary wall of our site has become covered with an ugly looking red mold. (The wall is pebble dashed).

I have power hosed about half of it (I'll do the rest tomorrow), which has removed some of the mold, but not all (even though I think I was fairly careful when power washing and got as much as I could off). Is there anything that I can do to get rid of the rest? Any spray that will kill/remove the mold? I'd really like to brighten up the wall, as it looks terrible at the moment.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Bleach and a scrubbing brush.

Hydrogen peroxide and a scrubbing brush

Or Mosgo or any of the other propriety moss killers that are on the market.

Look in any of the garden centres, B&Q, Woodies etc or even better some of the agri hardware places.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Poulgorm

DairyGold make a product called Chloras. It is a chlorine based solution, cost about €15 for 10 liters. farmers use it for sterilising their milking equipment.

Spray it on neat with with a pressure sprayer. The stains will be gone off the wall within 1 hour. Maybe give it a light washing down with a power house afterwards. No scrubbing.

All farmer supply shops sell this product (it has various names and manufacturers). Works brilliantly for cleaning the green scum of paths too.

Advertisement