Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chimney balloons

Options
  • 15-11-2010 11:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭

Where's the best place, and what's the best price, for chimney balloons (sometimes called chimney pillows - you blow up a thick polythene bag in the chimney to exclude draughts)?

The ESB has one for €30, and amazon.co.uk has one for £18 - both of these for medium-sized chimneys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

Would be interested to know if these are any use?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

livEwirE wrote: »
    Would be interested to know if these are any use?

A friend in Tipperary showed me one of these last week - she said it made a big difference to the non-draughtiness of her house.

I'm not sure what size to get, though. Some of the fireplaces are tiny - but I don't know if that means the chimneys on those fireplaces are tiny too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

T.J O'Mahonys have them for €15 in their autumn brochure..

Edit.. Woops... Just saw this is nearly a year old..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭LLU

I usually just scrunch up a few newspaper sheets and stuff them up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭chris1970

strong plastic bag filled with rags, stuffed up with vaccum extension, does the trick

• Advertisement
Advertisement