Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple iPOD Touch (3rd Gen / 4th Gen)

Options
  • 15-11-2010 11:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

I am looking for the best place to buy an Apple iPOD Touch for my boys for Christmas, any suggestions ?

3rd or 4th Generation models, if I can get a 32Gb model that would be great but might have to go to 3rd Generation to be able to afford this. Otherwise it wil be 8Gb 4th Genreation model for the boys for Christmas.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭almee

Was going through Dublin Airport last week, they had the 8gb touch for 192 euros, not sure if 4th gen but presume it is. Currys in Gatwick had the for 160 sterling, so if you know anyone flying soon you could try that....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 DJN

Thank you for the update, I called Dixons in Dubln airport.

They are the new 4th Generation iPOD Touch.

They have the 8GB for €192 (normally €229) and the 32GB for €252 (normallly €299).

Based on Apple's tight pricing, this is probably the best deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,462 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Those 4th generation prices are genuine discounts off list price, just be careful if you do go for third generation, the 8GB '3rd generation' iTouch is really 2nd generation so should be avoided for future compatibility.

But.... Dixons is the same company as PC World and they do not have the reputation of discounting anything that is a current model so make sure that if they claim that it is 4th generation that that is what you're getting. Remember that they have to charge 21.5% VAT even if they claim that it's 'tax-free', unless you're flying out of the EU or going to the Canaries.

Advertisement