Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

got my testiculer scan yesterday, all good!

Options
  • 15-11-2010 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I posted here a few weeks back asking questions about getting a testicular ultrasound. I was a bit nervous about the whole thing, from if it was cancer to if I popped a hopper during the procedure(which I have read happens often!)

Anyway, got it over and done with last night. The woman was very professional and discreet, and was able to tell me there and then that what I had looked like a cyst, which was most likely caused by some sort of trauma to the testicle, which makes sense, as I play a bit of soccer and my boys have taken a direct hit on a number of occasions.

So anyway, just to let anyone else that may be thinking of getting an ultrasound done know that is really is a simple procedure and nothing to get worked up about...I can't believe I waited 6 weeks before getting the ballscourage to go..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

thanks for posting back cojo, glad to hear all is well with the mebbs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

good news, glad to hear it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Condo131

Well done. Hopefully your experiences will help convince others to pluck up the, as you put it so well :), ballscourage to see about any problems they might have in 'that area'.

Bottom line...If anyone does have a problem.....Early diagnosis is key!

btw, in the context, I particularly like your moniker.:)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

delighted for you, nice to hear such good news.

Advertisement