Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connolly station to St Lukes Hospital ??

Options
  • 15-11-2010 11:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

Hi All, Whats best way to get from connolly station to St Lukes hospital?? Looking at transport online I think I need to get 2 buses...Am I right? Where would I go to get bus once out of connolly station and how often do buses pass for my destination? Will need to be doing this journey Monday to Friday for six weeks and could have early morning appointment so need best way of getting there. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

ruthkell wrote: »
    Hi All, Whats best way to get from connolly station to St Lukes hospital?? Looking at transport online I think I need to get 2 buses...Am I right? Where would I go to get bus once out of connolly station and how often do buses pass for my destination? Will need to be doing this journey Monday to Friday for six weeks and could have early morning appointment so need best way of getting there. Thanks.

128 bus will take you directly from Connolly Station (just up from the LUAS stop) to the top of Upper Rathmines Road. From there turn right along Highfield Road and St Lukes is on the left - about a 10 minute walk.

Coming back the buses leave from Palmerston Park. From Highfield Road continue straight on rather than turning onto Upper Rathmines Road - the terminus is straight ahead.

The timetable is here - buses take about 25 minutes to get from Clongriffen to Connolly Station.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Hi Ruth,

The Dublin Bus website indicates that one bus would be sufficient.

Option 1: The 14a.

Walk for 10 minutes to D'Olier Street/O'Connell Bridge.
    Hop off at the junction of Upper Rathmines Road and Highfield Road (ask the driver).

Walk another five minutes.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/14a/

Option 2: The 15a or 15b

Walk for 5 minutes to Eden Quay (North Quays near O'Connell Bridge).
    Hop off in Rathgar Village at the junction of Rathgar Road and Highfield Road (ask the driver).

Walk another five minutes.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/15a/

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/15b/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Or what KC61 suggested :)

Much less walking.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ginoh10

Hi all is there any darts or the lewis going near st lukes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

The nearest Luas stop is Cowper Road but there would be about a 10 minute walk up Palmerston and Highfield Roads to get to St. Luke's.

• Advertisement
Advertisement