Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dropped my phone-seemed ok for 2 days then stopped working

Options
  • 15-11-2010 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,284 ✭✭✭

Pretty much as th etitle says. I dropped my Sony Ericsson K80 from a height of about 3 feet. It didn't have any noticable external damage but It immediately switched itself off. I opened it, took out the battery and SIM and then put them back in again and it worked.
    It continued to work for another 2 days during which I made calls, texted and took pictures. Then however when I went to switch it on yesterday morning it was lifeless. Can anyone explain why it would have this delayed reaction?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Impossible to tell. Might be lose component inside it. Send it to MRPC in sandyford if you want to get it fixed but its probably better to put the money towards a new handset, it would be old enough i guess?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,284 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Davy wrote: »
    Impossible to tell. Might be lose component inside it. Send it to MRPC in sandyford if you want to get it fixed but its probably better to put the money towards a new handset, it would be old enough i guess?

Yup-Ordered a new one on-line earlier. I got two years out of it so I can't complain. It was just weird the way that I got the two days of use out of it after the incident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Davy wrote: »

Davy no offence mate, but don't send it to those shower of robbing Shiites!

Quoted me €185 for a new screen on a samsung galaxy s, with a 7 day turnaround.

Got repaired by a company in the Uk with a five day turnaround for £59.99!!!!!

Makes me suspicious as to what mprc actually do with your phone when they get it, I suspect they send it over to the same guys and pocket the difference!

On iPhone here, but the link to the website in question is in the android forum, under title broken screen on samsung galaxy s.

Just thought I'd throw that out.

Advertisement