Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LaCie external HD showing incorrect size

• 15-11-2010 12:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭

External HD showing 9.99mb capacity (advertised size was 1tb) I've tried formatting the drive in windows but the drop-down-menu that lists capacity will only allow me select 9.99mb. I went ahead with the format regardless but nothing has changed.

Any ideas?

edit: resolved, thanks for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭.danindudlin

Screenshot? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

Drive properties...

scrn1.bmp?w=1c9e3c62

Format...

scrn2.bmp?w=7a06ef86

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

ha !!!

ALL hard drives are less than the advertised amount .... my 1TB iomega shows 951GB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

smokedeels wrote: »

They aren't going to work - need to login to view them. Try something like imageshack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭.danindudlin

PCPhoto wrote: »
    ha !!!

ALL hard drives are less than the advertised amount .... my 1TB iomega shows 951GB

Yes, this I am aware of but 1TB is not 9.99 mb formatted :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

What does DiskManagement say? You could try deleting all the partition(s) and creating a new one, you can also format from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    What does DiskManagement say? You could try deleting all the partition(s) and creating a new one, you can also format from there.

I deleted the partition from Disk Management and created a new one, the Drive is now formatted with the correct size, thanks man, much appreciated.

Advertisement