Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aviva health insurance 26wk waiting period

Options
  • 15-11-2010 1:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hello guys,
    I began my aviva health insurance plan 4th jan 2010 and in march I was suffering from a suspected hernia. I served my 26 wk waiting period and went to my gp in august and explained to her that I have had this problem since march so she referred me to a consultant and proceeded to have my hernia operated on. As I had waited the for the 26 week waiting period before I had consulted with my gp I presumed I would be covered but now after reviewing my health records obtained from my gp aviva are refusing to pay for my operation because I had been suffering with the hernia since march which was within the 26 week waiting period.
    Is this standard procedure or have I a leg to stand on?
    Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Answered elsewhere...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement