Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yellow labrador found ballybrit

Options
  • 15-11-2010 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭

Was out walking my own yellow lab and this lad followed me home (well probably followed my dog)

He's wearing a black collar no tag and is trim but has a large head. Mid yellow colour neither light nor dark will pop up a pic later im on the phone now.

Friendly but trying it on with mine and doesnt know "sit"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

73891_816214058457_13605750_45731923_4472154_n.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Dog does not understand english? Maybe he's foreign or from the gaeltacht

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

I find the best way to get them home is to pour boiling water on their face/nose. That usually gets rid of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Please post in Lost/Found too.
    Fair play for taking him in!

Jenno infracted for that remark

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

jenno86 wrote: »
    I find the best way to get them home is to pour boiling water on their face/nose. That usually gets rid of them.

:eek:

*speeddials internet pohlice*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Ah now! I was only offering my advice, and it works.

Postman doesn't recognize him as belonging to anyone but says he's seen him straying around for the past couple of days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭stunt_penguin

Postmen : usually authorities on dogs :D

That's why I thought to ask him anyway :P

Ok so update, husband walked him to the vet's and he's not microchipped or neutered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Good luck with finding the owner.
    He's gorgeous! Unfortunately, I already have two dogs and think hubby would move out if he came home and found a third one :o

CC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

GBFM and Galway Advertiser both do free classified ads for animals found; Galway Independent charge for the ad (at least that's how it used to be with all of them).

Try editor @ galwayadvertiser.ie or info @ galwaybayfm.ie (you could email them the pic).

Fair play for taking him in.

The dog warden came and took him about an hour ago.

MADRA are aware of his existence and the warden says if he's not claimed within the 5 day window he knows a couple of people who were in looking to adopt a Labrador soon.

He's a lovely fellow - around 2 years old the vet said. Very calm, lovely disposition.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭doubleglaze

If he's neither microchipped nor neutered, I'd be wary of returning him to his owners and would make as little effort as possible to locate them but focus instead on finding him a good loving home.

Advertisement