Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway on a Thursday

Options
  • 15-11-2010 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭

hey Folks,

looking at hitting the town on Thursday night. Its been a decade since i was last in Galway.

Where is good to go on a Thursday in the City? Good Pubs with some live music and a bit of atmosphere are the requirements. Quays?

Cheers in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Monroes maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

potsy11 wrote: »
    hey Folks,

looking at hitting the town on Thursday night. Its been a decade since i was last in Galway.

Where is good to go on a Thursday in the City? Good Pubs with some live music and a bit of atmosphere are the requirements. Quays?

Cheers in advance

Student scene or non student scene?

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭potsy11

non student scene me thinks.....I am in my 30's :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Salt House.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Monroe's is good on a Thursday and the pizza is amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭padraig71

Chameleon are playing at the King's Head on Thursday if you're looking for a good band.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭xo.mary

The Cellar usually have a good cover band on a thursday. It's a very mixed crowd. I've been there twice this month, 1st time there was a NUIG fundraiser so it was packed with annoying dramatic people, but the second time there was mostly an older crowd. It's pretty chilled.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭potsy11

They are some good options folks.

i think I'll check some of them out.

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ceatharloch

Trad Session at The Western Hotel (just up from Eyre Square), if you
    fancy that sort of thing!

Advertisement