Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Salt for elderly neighbour

Options
  • 15-11-2010 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

Hi

Does anyone please know where id get bags of salt in the city?

Thanks
    Noel

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

noel123ie wrote: »
    Hi

Does anyone please know where id get bags of salt in the city?

Thanks
    Noel
    I take it for the ground, as opposed to for your food? I ask as I'd say the stuff for the ground may be cheaper. Perhaps local DIY places like Woodies?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

might be better with ash from the fire (assuming a real fireplace) ...the ash will add grit rather than just defrosting the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭noel123ie

Shes high blood pressure table salt would kill her :)

Ya its for her roadway

Thanks
    Noel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Places like International Trading on tramore road would have it. Dont know what size bag you will have to get though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭jacko1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Irish Int'l Trading on Tramore Rd (mentioned above) definitely do it. Picked up a few bags there last winter at, IIRC, €8-10 for a 25kg bag. Wouldn't be long going through it though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Sorry to be a pain but how do I get to tramore road? SAy if I am driving out South Link in direction of airport ...

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Go to the Kinsale Road Roundabout - go around the roundabout (i.e. go under the flyover) , keep going round and then when you've gone under the flyover a second time take the next exit (heading towards shops). Drive past Harvey Normans and at the crossroads turn left (you'll see Woodies on the right). International Trading is around 400m on the left.

If you miss that roundabout exit , head back towards town, take the left for the Park-and-Ride, then right and that will bring you to the crossroads mentioned above.

It's €8 for a 25kg bag.

Hi

Has anyone used this stuff?

Would it be better than sand and salt mix I wonder

More worried about safety than environment at the mo
    Is there somethng I can get to spread this evenly?

Thanks
    Noel

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Callaghans on Ballyhooly Rd. (Just below Dunnes Ballyvolane) have bags of rock salt for 8€ - doesn't say the size in kg on them, but about 3/4 the size of a bag of coal. Cheapest I've found in Cork!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Lidl have them 5e for 5kg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

My Dad got a 25kg bag for 8 euros in irish international. If heading east on link take togher exit, turn right to go over the bridge over the link and take a right at the roundabout. Drive past kellehers electrical and its on the right.

yes and cork builers providers have salt for 6.50 a bag

Noel

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

€10/25kg bag @ international trading,today

Advertisement