Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you know this bag web page?

Options
  • 15-11-2010 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I have recently started to research the phenomenon of replica bags a bit, after watching a piece about it on the telly.

Now, the whole thing puzzles me a bit. Obviously, the large designer brands aren't too thrilled about replica bags, who claim to sell mirror images at a fraction of the cost. Therefore, I would assume that they are very forceful in their pursuit of web pages, such a replicavalley.com

However, replicavalley has been around for a good while and not been taken down. urldogg.com says that the domain server is located in Canada. Wouldn't it be easy enough to take that domain down? I thought selling replicas is illegal.

And what's the story with owning replicas? Is that illegal too? Would you? At some Xpose live show in the RDS Lisa Fitzgerald gave a presentation and her favourite statement seemed to be "fake it till you make it"...not sure though she meant fake hand bags, not sure what she meant at all. ;)

Places like replicavalley puzzle me because they look like a legitimate shop. They have customer service numbers, a customer service chat and you can pay with your credit card (obviously leaving a record of buying something illegal isn't great). Is that not weird for an illegal operation? Is there anybody here who has used this page and can tell us a bit about them?

Also, the piece on telly said that many fake handbag distributors are terrorists and are involved with trafficking, child labour and there are allegations of them having sponsored the twin tower tragedy.
    A friend of mine said that if I was so concerned about child labour and stuff, then I shouldn't be wearing more than half of the things in my wardrobe because most of the high street items are produced in places like China.

So, what's your take on this?

Thanks.
    Tagged:

Advertisement