Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broadband in north tipp??

Options
  • 15-11-2010 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭

Hi all

i am moving to ballinahinch near birdhill this week, and am looking into broadband providers

im currently with UPC getting 20meg dl with no dl limit/cap for 40e a month, can anybody recommend a cheap provider thats relatively fast, with no dl limit/cap and is cheap?

im not sure if eircom have bband in the area yet, but would rather not use them anyway, ive heard imagine,bb broadband, and Munster broadband mentioned, any of these guys any good? are there other providers im not aware of?

(and please dont mention those broadband dongles, from vodaphone, o2 meteor and 3 etc, total and utter rip off!!!!!)

thanks for you help :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭flipall

I know you said not to mention them but 3 have the national broadband scheme all over that area. 19.99 per month for 25Gb useage, just thought id throw it out there!

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭zing zong

cheers, but you pretty much proved my point

20e for 25g cap! utter rip off, i guess the DL speed is a meg or under?

unless you just check email once a week, and watch the odd youtube clip its of no real use

so are they my only hope in the area? :eek::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭daithi55

3 have a good setup at the minute and i think its about as good as it gets in the country heres what it is

they will supply you with a 3 dongle and repeater box 25 gb download limit

if this doesnt work they will send an engineer out to your house to do a test for an antenna for your roof think it has the same download limit

if still no luck they will install sat bb for you and its all at no extra cost
    this has an 11 gig download and its unlimited between 11 at night and 8 in the morning

anymore questions pm me and il give ya a number for a rep that sorted me out with the sat bb

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭flipall

Any luck on finding something that isnt so "crap" for that area??

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭zing zong

I did indeed :)

several infact

vodafone do fixed line bband now which is great, magnet have a great deal too, and munster broadband and bb broadband

gonna settle on vodafone or magnet seeing as they have no download-cap, but couldn't get a faster speed quoted than 5megs, all in all not bad

wimax i wanted the most tho, but so far they do nenagh but not as far out as ballinahinch at the minute, when they do tho, im gonna change

you might want to look into changing from "3"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Has the house your moving to already got fixed line broadband?
    Ballinahinch is a National Broadband area, I doubt there's fixed line out there.

Advertisement