Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC - Cisco 2425 - Xbox360 - MacBook help

• 15-11-2010 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hey guys,
    I know theres been a few similar posts in the past, and i've read through them and not found any solutions so i thought i'd post the topic and see if any fresh solutions have been found

Heres my setup:

Cisco 2425 router, the standard UPC one
    In Firewall options I've everything deselected
    Wireless Bridging enabled
    UPnP enabled

Xbox 360 Slim
    Latest software updates, runs Xbox live perfectly
    Connected to the router via Ethernet

MacBook
    Running OSX 10.5.8
    Rivet &/Or Connect 360
    Connected over WiFi or via Ethernet

I've tried getting this setup to work and stream content as is with no luck. I Can use Connect 360 if the Xbox and MacBook are joined together by a single ethernet cable but not if they have the router as a middle point

I downloaded Rivet after using connect360 to see if it gets around the problem but it looks like its the same (havent yet tried rivet when directly connected to the xbox, but that defeats the purpose of what im trying to setup

My end goal is to be able to use my Macbook as a media center for the xbox. I have an external harddrive and realise that just transfering new content onto this and plugging that into the xbox is the easiest route, but i'd just like to be able to run it all over the network for obvious reasons

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

rostaroc wrote: »
    Wireless Bridging enabled

I'm not familiar with that modem, but this stands out as something that maybe you shouldn't be doing. Bridging normally means no routing, so now both the Macbook and Xbox are on the public WAN, not a LAN. This could well be the problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭DemoniK

You can't do it..
    The 2425 expects 1 connection to the bridge side, so whoever grabs it first gets it.
    Chances are it'll be the xbox because of the wire/

You need to re-instate the 2425 back as a router or place one in the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭emmo16

I have a similar problem with this router and the xbox 360 slim. If either device is connected by Ethernet cable and the other wireless the xbox cannot see the pc. But if both are wireless they work fine with out me configuring anything but Windows Media center is wayto slow to use. I have tested with 2 laptops and a pc and always get the same results. I also have all the firewalls off during testing.

I have been searching for awhile now and haven't come up with a solution, looks like a few people on here have a similar problem with this router.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

Unfortunately there is only two ways around it, either badger UPC and get them to fix their firmware or buy a second router and use the wireless on that instead. You'll be waiting a while for the first option though.

Advertisement