If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

42 inch for the new place

Options
  • 15-11-2010 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭

Hey Folks,

Just moved into a new place over the weekend. I'm looking for a 42 inch around the €500 mark.

Ideally I'd like a TV with all the bells and whistles like wifi capability but I'm guessing that's not in my price range.

Thanks for any quotes/advice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Fred252

Our 42" TV, the 42PFL5405H sells €699.99.

This is out Cheapest 42" but doesn't have Net TV facility on boards

Check out our website TV section here - http://www.philipsshop.ie/tvindex.htm

The exciting things start to happen with the 40PFL7605H....but this will blow the budget somewaht at €1299.99

Try our sister store Richer Sounds in Belfast, they may have options for you.

ATB
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

Hi Fred252

Our 42" TV, the 42PFL5405H sells €699.99.
    Is that not an old price!?
    That tv's on the Richersounds site for £500!! Which works our faaaar less than €700, comes to about €590! I know this as I recently purchased that tv, thanks again John :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

<SNIP>

Mod Comment:

Please see Charter, particularly the following:

If you see a post which is looking for a quote or advice from RS, please resist the urge to offer your opinion ! Such queries are not an open invitation for posters to make suggestions etc, these queries should be left to RS to answer. If queries or requests for quotes attracted everyone's opinion, the forum would be unworkable. This is not intended to prevent the usual chat and banter which you will regularly see on the RS forum.

Ritz.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭fred252

What did you go for in the end? I won't need a tv with DLNA if I have a PS3 right?

I take your point. I was expecting one of the richersounds guys from Belfast to get back to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Fred.

Cheers for the post and apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

The Philips would be one of the best buys as it's a 100Hz model.

We do stock an LG model which is cheaper than the Philips, but it's only 50Hz and while it's a good TV, with the price difference in the Philips, I personally would have to recommend it over the LG. The main difference - much smoother motion handling, and I love my sports !

The LG model is an LG 42LD450 which is priced at £419.95 / 509 Euro.

This would come in closer to budget, but as a longer term purchase, the Philips would have my money.

Let me know what you think.

ATB

Dave

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

fred252 wrote: »
    What did you go for in the end? I won't need a tv with DLNA if I have a PS3 right?

I take your point. I was expecting one of the richersounds guys from Belfast to get back to me.

Fred,

apologies for the delay - we are having a pretty mad few days at the moment - you know the kind when you are mad busy but getting nowhere? :confused:

Anyway I have PMmd you a price on the 42PFL5405 100 Hz jobbie!

Keep us posted and apologies for neglecting you!

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭chris_ie

Sorry to sneak in here, could you PM me a price on that Philips 42" aswell John? Parents may be looking for a 42" for sitting room ;)

(PS : The LG I got off you for their kitchen works a treat with the Sagem box, thanks for that) :D

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Hey Chris_ie,

PM sent! :D

Thanks Nicola.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Any chance I could get a price on that tv too? I'm in the market for one now :D

Hi JohnK

PM on its way to you.

I have the 42PFL5405H in stock but as lots of Boardies are asking after them best get your order in quick if you'd like to have one in your front room.

atb
    Ash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

I'd like a price too please Ashley

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Mark 00

Me too please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

and me please

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭fred252

went with the Samsung LE40C530 in the end at €479 from a local retailer. Pretty much everyone was offering it at that price.

the two places I went to last night had no problem matching the €599 price quoted for the 42PFL5405 by richersounds.

Hi Meercat, Mark 00 & Getoffthepot

PM's on the way

atb
    Ash

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.