Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non standard Radiator Pipe Covers (wood flooring)

• 15-11-2010 2:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,774 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I'm looking for a set of wooden (oak) pipe "collars" to disguise cuts in my wood flooring around radiator pipes. I can get standard sizes in B&Q etc (15mm) but thanks to there being a plastic tube thing around the radiator pipes the 15mm collars are too small. Has anyone got any idea where I might be able to get these in larger sizes?

Cheers!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I'm looking for a set of wooden (oak) pipe "collars" to disguise cuts in my wood flooring around radiator pipes. I can get standard sizes in B&Q etc (15mm) but thanks to there being a plastic tube thing around the radiator pipes the 15mm collars are too small. Has anyone got any idea where I might be able to get these in larger sizes?

Cheers!

Go to any builders providers or the likes of Heat Merchants or any decent plumbing stores and they should be able to help.

OR........You could allways just get a holesaw or tappered drill bit/reamer bit and use a Cordless scew gun to cut/enlarge the BnQ ones out to the desired size that you want.

Simples.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 336 ✭✭CBYR1983

Or....take off the plastic tubes and cut them - surely they are just popped on to make the copper piping appear chrome or white pvc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,774 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Think it's "Acorn" pipe underneath...not as nice looking as copper!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭bigalk

you can get these with a 19mm centre hole. google 19mm oak (or walnut) rosettes - theres an irish company that do them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

What about bamboo. Just stain it. Or alternativly buy the wooden floor effect wall paper and stick it to the plastic pipe covers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement