Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Sky Player - Reduce Quality

• 15-11-2010 2:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭

You used to be able to reduce the quality of sky player when watching tv but I cant seem to do it anymore...

Have the controls changed or has that feature been removed?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭Gooch2k4

i very rarely use it for live tv, and you were only ever able to do it that way, so i dont know TBH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

Korvanica wrote: »
    You used to be able to reduce the quality of sky player when watching tv but I cant seem to do it anymore...

Have the controls changed or has that feature been removed?

Yeah I noticed that too. Defaults to 'Auto' now. Had a quick check and didn't notice anywhere you could change it but didn't look too hard i must admit. Definitely can't change it the way you used be able.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

yea i had a look too and couldnt find anything.. and the auto is ****e. it is putting mine at too high quality and its not playing properly, i get about 15 seconds then 5 seconds of buffering...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

I seem to recall (might be wrong) that the shoulder buttons or trigger buttons toggle the quality, i am in uni at the mo so cant check for you but sure give it a try

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

Yeah im having it set to the lowest setting and its fuzzy as hell. It says use rb or lb to change it but all that does it bring up the tv listing. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

Does anyone know what this message is about when you sign in?

Sky Sports 3 TV Live
    Free for Sky TV Sports Pack subscribers until 31 December 2010.
    Free for Sky Player TV Sports Pack subscribers.

Does this mean if you will start to be charged for Sky Player if you use it from next year? want to know cause i use my mates account who is away in canada and dont want charges to appear on his parents account.

Advertisement