Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Settle a bet - Bounty bars

Options
  • 15-11-2010 2:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Does anyone remember if they were ever sold as one complete bar, not the 2 halves in one wrapper like they are today?

In the eighties and maybe some of the nineties too...They were one long bar right?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Test For Echo

Mirrorb4ll wrote: »
    They were one long bar right?

Nope :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

Does anyone remember if they were ever sold as one complete bar, not the 2 halves in one wrapper like they are today?

In the eighties and maybe some of the nineties too...They were one long bar right?

Yep I remember them.

Nate

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Nope-always in the two small ones.

Unless they did a special edition or something at one stage,but i don't really remember it if they did

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

Well, going back to at least 1985 they were the two bars in one wrapper - an aunt of mine used to always bring my older sister and me a Bounty bar when she came to visit, as it was obviously designed to be two portions. Miserly cow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Mirrorb4ll

Yep I remember them.

Nate

Definitely?

longshanks wrote: »

obviously i checked wikipedia. that doesnt say they were ALWAYS 2 halves though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

Are you sure you didn't buy a mini-size but since you were small you thought it was a normal sized one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

Definitely?

We are talking 30 years ago, but I'm nearly certain. I've no way to prove it though, maybe find an old TV ad on youtube?

Edit :- This proves nothing but LOL

Nate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,984 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Well they applied to copyright it in that shape so that would suggest that they had reason, and some history to want such a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

I LOVE bounties, never ever seen one whole full length one though.
    I imagine it wouldn't be structurally sound?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭Tipp Man

2 for as long as i can remember which is mid eighties

They used to have a strip of cardbord on 1 side to make the bar seem rigid in the wrapper if that is what you are thinking about??

The cardboard went in the 90's (early i'd say)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Test For Echo

We are talking 30 years ago, but I'm nearly certain. I've no way to prove it though, maybe find an old TV ad on youtube?

Nate

Nope, always been 2 bars. Unfortunately I'm old enough to remember back as far as 30 years :mad:

I could, of course, be suffering from age related memory loss... :D

Nate

tried that. full bar never uncovered. i did find one page where a person says they were one full bar once upon a time but apart from that the internet is blank oddly enough...

http://www.epinions.com/review/Bounty_Chocolate_Bar/content_419626323588

maameeo wrote: »
    I LOVE bounties, never ever seen one whole full length one though.
    I imagine it wouldn't be structurally sound?

LOL structurally sound..

I am convinced Op is correct, Im sure they were one long bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,089 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

tried that. full bar never uncovered. i did find one page where a person says they were one full bar once upon a time but apart from that the internet is blank oddly enough...

http://www.epinions.com/review/Bounty_Chocolate_Bar/content_419626323588

There are a lot of feckin lunatics on the internet.

Jake1 wrote: »
    LOL structurally sound..

I am convinced Op is correct, Im sure they were one long bar.

:D

OP, Did you mail, erm, Mars, is it who makes it? I'm sure they'd tell you. Might think your crazy but theyll tell you :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,474 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I was certain they used to be one full bar but I've been disabused of that idea by the replies so far. I always hated the things so probably never bought one.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I have too much free time, so I emailed Mars (the company, not the planet). I'll let you know what they say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

I would have said they were one bar but then again I would never purchase such a rank, disgusting 'coconut' based snack, so I may not be an expert on the issue.

humanji wrote: »
    I have too much free time, so I emailed Mars (the company, not the planet). I'll let you know what they say.

yeah i already did out of curiosity. we'll see if they bother getting back to me.

thanks guys. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,984 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

OP if you work in the advertising section of Mars then you're good at your job because I'd love a Bounty now and am going to buy one on the way home from work.

Quazzie wrote: »
    OP if you work in the advertising section of Mars then you're good at your job because I'd love a Bounty now and am going to buy one on the way home from work.

dark one in the red wrapper ftw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Bounty bars used to be 1 bar. I am 100% certain of that. So certain that I will bet any amount of money against anyone who begs to differ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

what a delicious bar, i know so many who detest the sight of one. i cannot understand it!!

NothingMan wrote: »
    I would have said they were one bar but then again I would never purchase such a rank, disgusting 'coconut' based snack, so I may not be an expert on the issue.

:eek: Your weird! :P
    yeah i already did out of curiosity. we'll see if they bother getting back to me.

thanks guys. :)

Should we all mail them? freak them out or possibly give the an idea for a special edition :D

dark one in the red wrapper ftw!

so so true, why havnt they done a white version?? ..or have they >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

No help with the original post but I asked the question the other day while having a Bounty and a Mint Aero,

Was there ever a green Bounty? A mint flavoured one, maybe a limited edition thing.

If there wasn't there should be!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Do they still make the red ones?

• Advertisement

Bounty bars used to be 1 bar. I am 100% certain of that. So certain that I will bet any amount of money against anyone who begs to differ.

yeah i'm positive too. only because i remember the outrage i felt when they changed them into 2 halves (thus cleverly giving me slightly less choclatey goodness for my money due to the ends being rounded).

i never quite got over that i dont think...

Advertisement