Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Settle a bet - Bounty bars

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

No help with the original post but I asked the question the other day while having a Bounty and a Mint Aero,

Was there ever a green Bounty? A mint flavoured one, maybe a limited edition thing.

If there wasn't there should be!!!!!

Mint & coconut. Are you mad?

*throws up violently*

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭cuculainn

Mirrorb4ll wrote: »
    yeah i'm positive too. only because i remember the outrage i felt when they changed them into 2 halves (thus cleverly giving me slightly less choclatey goodness for my money due to the ends being rounded).

i never quite got over that i dont think...

I dont think you lost out on chocolatey goodness....cause with two bars you have 4 chocolate ends instead of 2 so you might even have been getting more chocolatey goodness!!!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Bounty bars used to be 1 bar. I am 100% certain of that. So certain that I will bet any amount of money against anyone who begs to differ.
    I bet you a pint you are wrong.

Cause you're always wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,089 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I wonder if Dog the Bounty Hunter can settle this in his usual style?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Mirrorb4ll

cuculainn wrote: »
    I dont think you lost out on chocolatey goodness....cause with two bars you have 4 chocolate ends instead of 2 so you might even have been getting more chocolatey goodness!!!:pac:

Oh good point. Didn't think of that. Got stiffed on the coconut though. Can't win em all i guess...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Osgoodisgood

Mirrorb4ll wrote: »
    yeah i'm positive too. only because i remember the outrage i felt when they changed them into 2 halves (thus cleverly giving me slightly less choclatey goodness for my money due to the ends being rounded).

There would actually be more chocolate due to the all encompassing nature of said chocolate in relation to its coconutty contents. Your point in terms of overall mass is valid however.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

In the fight between Snacks&Sweets and Retro forums, Snacks&Sweets won.

From After Hours.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Pretty sure it used to be one long bar? i'd have to ask my mother, she is an expert in them :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

Found this on another forum, according to post #96 it was only ever produced as two bars.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Tipp Man wrote: »
    2 for as long as i can remember which is mid eighties

They used to have a strip of cardbord on 1 side to make the bar seem rigid in the wrapper if that is what you are thinking about??

The cardboard went in the 90's (early i'd say)

• Advertisement

mudokon wrote: »
    Found this on another forum, according to post #96 it was only ever produced as one bar.
    Did you even read your own link??
    Dear Phil,

Thank you for contacting us about our Bounty bar.

I can confirm that it was first produced back in 1951 in 2 pieces, it has never been just one bar only.

Once again, thank you for contacting Mars.

Yours sincerely

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    Did you even read your own link??

obviously not enough to make a sentence out of it. :P:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

bonerm wrote: »
    Do they still make the red ones?
    Yes. Not everywhere sells them, but the shop in the lobby at St. James' Hospital in Dublin does.

nomnomnomnomnom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

I freaking LOVE bounties! They so need to pull the finger out and produce a king sized one, like the old king sized mars.

Being a bounty lover rocks, I get ALL the bounties outta the box of celebrations cause no one else likes em.. freaks! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭cleremy jarkson

I always thought they used to be one long bar. I thought the double bounty only came about around 1998-2002! Can't believe everybody saying it was always a double bar.. if that's true my mind is blown.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Appleblossom42

Nope, always been 2 bars. Unfortunately I'm old enough to remember back as far as 30 years :mad:

I could, of course, be suffering from age related memory loss... :D

Agree always 2 bars. I can go back 35 years and it was the two halves in one long wrapper for definite.

Found this on another forum, according to post #96 it was only ever produced as two bars.

WRONG
    alwaysadub wrote: »
    Nope-always in the two small ones.

WRONG
    Nope, always been 2 bars.

WRONG
    Agree always 2 bars. I can go back 35 years and it was the two halves in one long wrapper for definite.

WRONG
    DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    I bet you a pint you are wrong.

Cause you're always wrong.

You owe me a pint!

And here's the proof.....

bounty.jpg?t=1280397628

I love being right. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭cleremy jarkson

How do we know that bar is definitely a bounty? Could be a 'topic' or something!

WRONG

WRONG

WRONG

WRONG

You owe me a pint!

And here's the proof.....

bounty.jpg?t=1280397628

But the woman from the mars company said I was right.

:(

That's ok, I'll buy your pint tonight.. but if I have to drink it myself... I don't see a problem :P

Nice job on the photoshopping. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Nice job on the photoshopping. :pac:
    Ah now, that's a shocking job! :D

The smell of bitterness is tangible!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,984 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Its pretty clear its a PS (might even be MS Paint its that bad). The shadow is miles off for a start.

humanji wrote: »
    Ah now, that's a shocking job! :D

Compared to what I can do it's a work of genius. :o

I think that might be the smell off that over sized bounty.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Nice try though sbg! :D

I didn't photoshop it - just found it on the web... but looking at it now, it appears to have had some work done to it.

I didn't photoshop it - just found it on the web... but looking at it now, it appears to have had some work done to it.

Appears? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Quazzie wrote: »
    Its pretty clear its a PS (might even be MS Paint its that bad). The shadow is miles off for a start.

That and the fact the wrapper still states "Bounty 2x" at the bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I have had one before as in just one and not two single ones!

• Advertisement

That and the fact the wrapper still states "Bounty 2x" at the bottom.

*coughs loudly*

Sorry. Didn't hear you there.

Advertisement