Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Settle a bet - Bounty bars

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Got a reply from Mars a couple of minutes ago:
    Dear Hugh,
    Thank you for contacting us about our Bounty. We can confirm that Bounty has always been in two pieces.

Once again, thank you for contacting Mars.

Yours sincerely

Consumer Care Team

So that settles that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

I was also positive that it was a single bar.

I'll throw this out there: Would it be possible that the Bounties that came in Selection Boxes were only single bars? Seems that there are too many people who think it was a single bar for there not to be some truth in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

Degag wrote: »

I'll throw this out there: Would it be possible that the Bounties that came in Selection Boxes were only single bars? Seems that there are too many people who think it was a single bar for there not to be some truth in it.

Just.. let.. it.. go.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭geecee

Degag wrote: »

I think you might have it there Degag:

I have recollections of those awful Mars selection box "socks" having a bounty that was only a single bar - but was approx 1.5 times as big as a normal bounty half bar

I don't think they were ever sold as a retail product... just in selection boxes

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

geecee wrote: »
    I think you might have it there Degag:

I have recollections of those awful Mars selection box "socks" having a bounty that was only a single bar - but was approx 1.5 times as big as a normal bounty half bar

I don't think they were ever sold as a retail product... just in selection boxes
    It would be a huge waste of resources to create the machines to make large single Bounty bars just for selection boxes. It just wouldn't be worth it when they can put in a standard one at no extra cost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭rivalius13

**** like this is why I love the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

As far as I know they were always sold in the two little halves. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I thought I did have a single large one, I now think it was either the cardboard keeping it rigid and it feeling like one bar on the outside, or else a mini one -the old small hands thing, like people thinking creme eggs used to be bigger or the size of real eggs.

DSCF2777.jpg
    DSCF2778.jpg
    http://www.pimpthatsnack.com/project/5/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

off topic but I love 'pimp my snack' stuff, I've seen some awesome things done before.

I also wonder would anyone be thinking (probably not) of an old bounty ice cream? That came like a mars/snickers ice cream does now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

star-pants wrote: »
    off topic but I love 'pimp my snack' stuff, I've seen some awesome things done before.

I also wonder would anyone be thinking (probably not) of an old bounty ice cream? That came like a mars/snickers ice cream does now.

You can still get those bounty ice-creams. My local has em.
    Oh and 'pimp my snack' is a class site.

'This Is Why You're Fat' is also good for a laugh.
    http://www.thisiswhyyourefat.com/

• Advertisement
Advertisement