Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quest re connecting a dvd player

Options
  • 15-11-2010 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭

not sure if this is in the right section
    my friend gave me a dvd/video recorder yesterday, its a few years old but was not used much t all
    my husband connected it up to TV, but when i put in a DVD, it just says 'loading'...he gave up on it after fiddling around with it for ages.

just wondering what could be wrong with it and what i would need to do to get it working

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Dirt or dust on the DVD reader lens inside where the disk goes, or dust or dirt on disk itself, or if the player is a few years old and the DVD your trying is a DVD-/+r written on a pc etc, the older DVD players can have difficulty playing these. But any within the last 5 or 6 years should play them DVD r disks, so you could try cleaning the player lens, you can get cleaner disks. If none of that works its into the bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭countrywoman

thanks for that robbie,
    i never thought it might need cleaning i will try that

Advertisement