Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

paddy power wont pay out

• 15-11-2010 3:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

i did a bet on wednesday in my local paddy power shop,it was a football bet all selections came up one of them was everton to draw which when i placed the bet my pen unitentionaly mark this box ,but it came out on my betting slip.these dockets are like a lotto slip just mark the boxs and out it prints.
    have you ever done a football and one lets you down did you mean to put that losing selection in your bet ,may be there are hundreds of these mistakes by paddy powers epos system,it says check your ticket on the bottom when you get it, i did not so i took it whats on my slip is what i get.
    as two odd yours ago this happened on a lotto bet i did in paddy powers again with this system i did numbers 1,2,3 and the pen went in to the next box and mark number 4.
    1,2,and 3 came out and 4 did not did i get paid on the 3 numbers not a chance,[not actual numbers]paddy powers are to inconsistant with there rules.
    you can view my bet on utube search for PADDY WONT PAY OUT 003

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21 dmac1989

jsheating wrote: »
    i did a bet on wednesday in my local paddy power shop,it was a football bet all selections came up one of them was everton to draw which when i placed the bet my pen unitentionaly mark this box ,but it came out on my betting slip.these dockets are like a lotto slip just mark the boxs and out it prints.
    have you ever done a football and one lets you down did you mean to put that losing selection in your bet ,may be there are hundreds of these mistakes by paddy powers epos system,it says check your ticket on the bottom when you get it, i did not so i took it whats on my slip is what i get.
    as two odd yours ago this happened on a lotto bet i did in paddy powers again with this system i did numbers 1,2,3 and the pen went in to the next box and mark number 4.
    1,2,and 3 came out and 4 did not did i get paid on the 3 numbers not a chance,[not actual numbers]paddy powers are to inconsistant with there rules.
    you can view my bet on utube search for BET098.

I dont understand what you are saying?
    On the lotto bet you lost, you check your bet slip when you get it. easy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Your video is sideways :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

....thats because your bet is a losing 1..:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 jsheating

you can do lotto bets in the bookies they call it lucky numbers for legal reasons with the state lottery.
    ok i did 20 euro on paddy powers lucky numbers slip the same numbers i always do at the time, 24 and 33 when i gave the slip to the staff member a foreign mark gave me a extra selection on my docket unawares to this i left the shop the draw was that night 24 and 33 came out but because of the foreign mark on the slip it gave me the extra number so instead of 2 numbers i need to win i needed the third number too,i never got paid for 24 and 33,now with my football bet all selection came up but powers are not given me the selection on everton,so basically they want here bread buttered on both side .this make any sense?

all selections came up couglan08 why you say its a loser??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

so you didnt check the slip before you left the shop - to make sure there was no errors !!!

like everything else in life..... *assume the other person is an idiot and check/double check if you want something done right !!

*works brilliant for driving - assume the other person is an idiot so you can expect them to do something stupid.

dmac1989 wrote: »
    I dont understand what you are saying?
    On the lotto bet you lost, you check your bet slip when you get it. easy?
    agree so why wont they pay up on my football bet

all selections came up couglan08 why you say its a loser??

because it is a loser in their eyes ,its not there fault,
    how are they to know that you dont want the third number when there is a mark next to it..
    just learn from your mistake, and check your docket carefully..
    error 101..

exactly cochglan 08 my football bet has a extra selection that was a winner and they say i did not intend putting them in to my selections, now you no what i mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ei1429

Don't bin that docket, Make more inquiries. Just watched the video as well. . .

• Advertisement

:Dits in the hands of ibas, independant betting arbutration services.

Nice one, do keep us informed! LOL Sounds like a winner!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Everton is printed out on your receipt and that middle one looked like it won. Who are they to say you did or did not mean it. It's not like there was an error and they offered the wrong odds. As they can never prove whether you intended to mark the draw and you can prove that you did via the receipt in possession it is a winner. As fúcked up as your explanation is that bet is a winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭D1976

Just saw the video and personally that's a winning slip, don't bin that. There's a guy that writes in The Star about betting queries, send your query into him.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Moffo

Wrong Forum ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

they have to pay out. end of story. get onto the ombundsman.

D1976 wrote: »
    Just saw the video and personally that's a winning slip, don't bin that. There's a guy that writes in The Star about betting queries, send your query into him.
    yes i was on to him,john martin in punters platform

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

coughlan08 wrote: »

No it's not. :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21 dmac1989

exactly cochglan 08 my football bet has a extra selection that was a winner and they say i did not intend putting them in to my selections, now you no what i mean?

I get it now. you`ve, go and collect and dont leave until you get it. they dont have a leg to stand on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Lol, PP want to have it both ways, making it up as they go along to suit themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭baldbear

How do they know you didn't intend to put the Everton bet in?

Once you leave the shop with that slip without checking it,its a bet imo so you're a winner!
    If the boot was on the other foot PP would say it's you're tough luck so feck them. Let us know the outcome!

• Moderators Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Thread moved from logs section.
    coughlan08 wrote: »

:rolleyes: x 1,000. You should try being helpful instead of being a smartarse, who is actually wrong.

OP, I don't know what to do, I don't deal with those crooks but I'd keep the pressure on whatever way I could. The bet won and that's all that matters, they wouldn't pay out if the selection lost and the intentional selections won, so make sure they pay out in the instance that it has. Everton got accepted onto the slip, the slip is a winner, I can't see how they won't pay out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Goldcupfav

Where is the link for the video in the OP ?? thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

go collect. demand they pay out. and pay out including the everton result. PP have some bottle. and dont let them keep the docket without paying out under any circumstances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

Goldcupfav wrote: »

www.youtube.com/watch?v=hekzUXY39kk

its a winning slip, simple as that. You are entitled to your winnings as on the betting slip. I myself would not leave PP until I walked out with 900e in my pocket

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Goldcupfav

That is a disgrace. So if either Everton or Bolton had of won they would they still be paying you out ?? I dont think so !! As mentioned id get on to the guy in the star or the hearld who writes about these cases. Think his name is John Martin or something like that. Good luck with this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

That is a disgrace. So if either Everton or Bolton had of won they would they still be paying you out ?? I dont think so !! As mentioned id get on to the guy in the star or the hearld who writes about these cases. Think his name is John Martin or something like that. Good luck with this.

Or ring Joe Duffy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭colly_06

Did you try going to a different PP's shop? They wouldn't have the original docket.

go to youtube
    paddy wont pay out 003

• Advertisement

colly_06 wrote: »
    Did you try going to a different PP's shop? They wouldn't have the original docket.
    they just quote the number on the slip and it pops up on the screen the girls in the shop know me well regular customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

what a farce

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

:mad: Cant believe this, o.p dont let this stand, get onto Joe Duffy tomorrow.
    Scammy Power strikes again:mad:

:mad: Cant believe this, o.p dont let this stand, get onto Joe Duffy tomorrow.
    Scammy Power strikes again:mad:
    i was thinking joe duffy alright ,well if IBAS cant do it, joe duffy is next
    go on go on
    sure sure sure lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

i'll give you a 100.00 euro for that slip

Nozebleed wrote: »
    go collect. demand they pay out. and pay out including the everton result. PP have some bottle. and dont let them keep the docket without paying out under any circumstances.

Well said Nosebleed! Well said!

• Advertisement

argosy2006 wrote: »
    i'll give you a 100.00 euro for that slip
    sorry your on the wrong site adverts is on the other side

He was only messing my man.

Go in and make sure the clowns pay you out, if it went into their system there's absolutely no way they can refuse to pay you, if Everton didn't score that last minute equalizer they wouldn't of paid out on the other ones. They're glorified scam artists, nothing more.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭curehead

what i can make out of this is they are saying on the original coupon a mark was made which included everton and that it is clear to them by this mark that it is unintentional and should not be there and you are not disputing this ???
    if i'm right in this and you are agreeing with them and not disputing that you did intend to put them in then why aren;t they paying you for the others without everton ? surely if they are saying everton shouldn't be there then they owe you €254.86

curehead wrote: »
    what i can make out of this is they are saying on the original coupon a mark was made which included everton and that it is clear to them by this mark that it is unintentional and should not be there and you are not disputing this ???
    if i'm right in this and you are agreeing with them and not disputing that you did intend to put them in then why aren;t they paying you for the others without everton ? surely if they are saying everton shouldn't be there then they owe you €254.86
    this is orrect curehead but if everton did not draw the slip would now be in the bin its what you leave the shop on your slip is what your on ,have you ever done a football bet and 1 selection lets you down?did you really mean too put them! paddy powers rules are to inconsistant.
    on my lucky numbers bet[lotto] two years ago i had a extra selection which was a unintentional mark on it whice gave me a extra selection on my bet,i was told its a loser and told by a staff member its whats on your slip that we go by.
    if you go in to paddy powers and do a bet on the grand national on the dockets they bring out for this particular race at the time you fill out coupon simalar to the football coupon now if you pick 5 horses 1 euro on each or so and one or two other bets pay the lady behind the counter go home and whatch the grand national,and on your slip you have a horse you did not whant to include YOU GET PAID OUT this is about inconsistanses of powers rules.

sorry about all the explanations in poor format hard to explain

x PyRo wrote: »
    He was only messing my man.

Go in and make sure the clowns pay you out, if it went into their system there's absolutely no way they can refuse to pay you, if Everton didn't score that last minute equalizer they wouldn't of paid out on the other ones. They're glorified scam artists, nothing more.

CORRECT

• Advertisement

CORRECT

I'm never wrong. :)

i totally understand where you are coming from but are they willing to pay you the bet without everton though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

That's disgusting. Shouldn't the 'check the slip' part extend to them too? They took the bet, regardless of your intention, as it was presented to them and now they're welching on it. That's one bookmakers I won't be using again.

You should set up a facebook page too, and link it to that video.

i tried lookin for the video,but can some1 post a direct link here please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Were the last 2 selections Real Madrid & Barcelona each to win at 1/20?
    Looks very short?

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Were the last 2 selections Real Madrid & Barcelona each to win at 1/20?
    Looks very short?
    yes 1/20 they were playing 2nd diviosion teams in the copa del rey
    they were put in to make up a accumalator :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

I don't understand how they can not pay out on this and claim that your selection is invalid? How do they know what your intended selections were?

Equally, they could claim that you hadn't meant to mark the box for Barca or Real or any of your selections.

The slip is the slip is the slip. It's there in black and white. I've never heard such nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

The original slip is of no relevance as someone could make it up after the bet has been taken or do out a new one.
    Bit puzzled as to how they are refusing to pay you as the printed slip shows the selections as per the video.
    Your receipt is the bet and that shows 5 selections.
    I'm guessing here but I asssume they have gone back into the original slip and that shows up the mark?
    What shop did you do it in and what shop are you claiming it in, maybe that is something to do with it?

CiaranC wrote: »
    Sounds like a simple misunderstanding to me. Theres no reason for them not to pay out. Have you spoken to their retail customer service?

What did they say the reason was?
    it was a unitentional mark on the slip .the bet was put on a sllip called a easy slip. so i thought

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement