Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

paddy power wont pay out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

what a farce

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

:mad: Cant believe this, o.p dont let this stand, get onto Joe Duffy tomorrow.
    Scammy Power strikes again:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 jsheating

:mad: Cant believe this, o.p dont let this stand, get onto Joe Duffy tomorrow.
    Scammy Power strikes again:mad:
    i was thinking joe duffy alright ,well if IBAS cant do it, joe duffy is next
    go on go on
    sure sure sure lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

i'll give you a 100.00 euro for that slip

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ei1429

Nozebleed wrote: »
    go collect. demand they pay out. and pay out including the everton result. PP have some bottle. and dont let them keep the docket without paying out under any circumstances.

Well said Nosebleed! Well said!

• Advertisement

argosy2006 wrote: »
    i'll give you a 100.00 euro for that slip
    sorry your on the wrong site adverts is on the other side

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

He was only messing my man.

Go in and make sure the clowns pay you out, if it went into their system there's absolutely no way they can refuse to pay you, if Everton didn't score that last minute equalizer they wouldn't of paid out on the other ones. They're glorified scam artists, nothing more.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭curehead

what i can make out of this is they are saying on the original coupon a mark was made which included everton and that it is clear to them by this mark that it is unintentional and should not be there and you are not disputing this ???
    if i'm right in this and you are agreeing with them and not disputing that you did intend to put them in then why aren;t they paying you for the others without everton ? surely if they are saying everton shouldn't be there then they owe you €254.86

curehead wrote: »
    what i can make out of this is they are saying on the original coupon a mark was made which included everton and that it is clear to them by this mark that it is unintentional and should not be there and you are not disputing this ???
    if i'm right in this and you are agreeing with them and not disputing that you did intend to put them in then why aren;t they paying you for the others without everton ? surely if they are saying everton shouldn't be there then they owe you €254.86
    this is orrect curehead but if everton did not draw the slip would now be in the bin its what you leave the shop on your slip is what your on ,have you ever done a football bet and 1 selection lets you down?did you really mean too put them! paddy powers rules are to inconsistant.
    on my lucky numbers bet[lotto] two years ago i had a extra selection which was a unintentional mark on it whice gave me a extra selection on my bet,i was told its a loser and told by a staff member its whats on your slip that we go by.
    if you go in to paddy powers and do a bet on the grand national on the dockets they bring out for this particular race at the time you fill out coupon simalar to the football coupon now if you pick 5 horses 1 euro on each or so and one or two other bets pay the lady behind the counter go home and whatch the grand national,and on your slip you have a horse you did not whant to include YOU GET PAID OUT this is about inconsistanses of powers rules.

sorry about all the explanations in poor format hard to explain

x PyRo wrote: »
    He was only messing my man.

Go in and make sure the clowns pay you out, if it went into their system there's absolutely no way they can refuse to pay you, if Everton didn't score that last minute equalizer they wouldn't of paid out on the other ones. They're glorified scam artists, nothing more.

CORRECT

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

jsheating wrote: »
    CORRECT

I'm never wrong. :)

i totally understand where you are coming from but are they willing to pay you the bet without everton though

• Registered Users Posts: 27,335 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

That's disgusting. Shouldn't the 'check the slip' part extend to them too? They took the bet, regardless of your intention, as it was presented to them and now they're welching on it. That's one bookmakers I won't be using again.

You should set up a facebook page too, and link it to that video.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

i tried lookin for the video,but can some1 post a direct link here please

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Were the last 2 selections Real Madrid & Barcelona each to win at 1/20?
    Looks very short?

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Were the last 2 selections Real Madrid & Barcelona each to win at 1/20?
    Looks very short?
    yes 1/20 they were playing 2nd diviosion teams in the copa del rey
    they were put in to make up a accumalator :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

I don't understand how they can not pay out on this and claim that your selection is invalid? How do they know what your intended selections were?

Equally, they could claim that you hadn't meant to mark the box for Barca or Real or any of your selections.

The slip is the slip is the slip. It's there in black and white. I've never heard such nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

The original slip is of no relevance as someone could make it up after the bet has been taken or do out a new one.
    Bit puzzled as to how they are refusing to pay you as the printed slip shows the selections as per the video.
    Your receipt is the bet and that shows 5 selections.
    I'm guessing here but I asssume they have gone back into the original slip and that shows up the mark?
    What shop did you do it in and what shop are you claiming it in, maybe that is something to do with it?

CiaranC wrote: »
    Sounds like a simple misunderstanding to me. Theres no reason for them not to pay out. Have you spoken to their retail customer service?

What did they say the reason was?
    it was a unitentional mark on the slip .the bet was put on a sllip called a easy slip. so i thought

• Advertisement

okidoki987 wrote: »
    The original slip is of no relevance as someone could make it up after the bet has been taken or do out a new one.
    Bit puzzled as to how they are refusing to pay you as the printed slip shows the selections as per the video.
    Your receipt is the bet and that shows 5 selections.
    I'm guessing here but I asssume they have gone back into the original slip and that shows up the mark?
    What shop did you do it in and what shop are you claiming it in, maybe that is something to do with it?

oki,when you leave the shop with slip in your hand walk out the door thats the bet your on,i am local to this paddy powers all the staff know me very well,

as in earlier posts its about INCONSISTANCES in powers rules.
    if they did not know me i would be well paid out by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

Cannot understand why they are saying the mark for an Everton draw was unintentional. What made them look back at the coupon you filled out in the first place?? Surely they would take the winning bet at face value.

HOW MANY TIMES HAS SOME BEEN LET DOWN BY 1 TEAM IN A 8 OR 9 TEAM ACCA.
    DID THEY MEAN TO PUT IN THE ONE THAT LET THEM DOWN ??
    PADDY POWERS EPOS SYSTEM FAILED,[electonic point of sales]2006
    THEY WILL HAVE TO CHECK ALL FOOTBALL BETS FOR UNINTENTIONAL MARKS TO BE SURE THIS HAS NOT HAPPENED BEFORE.

homolumo wrote: »
    Cannot understand why they are saying the mark for an Everton draw was unintentional. What made them look back at the coupon you filled out in the first place?? Surely they would take the winning bet at face value.
    when there is a win over a certain amount it pops up on the screen of the shop it was placed in
    apparently it was a staff member who rang TRADING as TRADING [head office]do not see the easy slip coupon they see what i put on youtube, that slip,

Theres obviously more to this than you are telling us. The shop staff cant even see the original easyslip without going back to the head office to have it retrieved for them. Why would they do that?
    THE BET WAS PLACED ON WEDNESDAY I WENT TO THE SHOP ON THURSDAY MORNING TO COLLECT IF YOU NOW ANYTHING ABOUT EPOS SYSTEMS YOU NO THE SCORE THE COUPONS ARE NOT KEEPED THEY ARE BINNED

easy slip are basically the same as lotto slips you just mark it with a x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

OP what did the staff say when you went in to collect?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Theres obviously more to this than you are telling us. The shop staff cant even see the original easyslip without going back to the head office to have it retrieved for them. Why would they do that?
    Agree 100%.

• Advertisement

greetings wrote: »
    OP what did the staff say when you went in to collect?
    we are not paying on the everton selection .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement