Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Ale online?

• 15-11-2010 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Anyone know an Irish site that's got a good range of ale and delivers? I found www.realbeers.ie which has a decent selection but they're over priced (more than my local off licence per bottle on the ones they have) and delivery at €7 a case is a bit much.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

The best option is www.drinkstore.ie

Free delivery in Dublin, 1,2,7 & 8

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Deveney's Dundrum have a delivery service too. A great range of beers, but they don't have lists or prices online.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 S0L0N

Thanks Bigcheeze, just had a look. Pretty good range. €10 up to 30kg for delivery to where I am isn't too bad.

Looks promising Beernut but how do you get a price/stock list? Is there an email list or something?

http://thebeernut.blogspot.com/ Is that your blog? Wow dude, you're a connoisseur!

S0L0N wrote: »
    how do you get a price/stock list?
    I dunno. You'd nearly need to call into the shop and look :D. I guess you're supposed to ring or e-mail and tell them what you want. But really I don't think it's been thought through very hard.
    S0L0N wrote: »
    Wow dude, you're a connoisseur!
    It's a much nicer term than "obsessive-compulsive alcoholic". Thanks!

• Advertisement

Thanks, I'll mail them and see if they'll send me a list. It's hard to get good beer/ale down here, mostly just the usual suspects.

" "obsessive-compulsive alcoholic" " I'd never insult a man who tells me where to get my fix.

County Limerick, where there is a wailing and a gnashing of teeth...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Limerick seems to be somewhere that is lacking in the craft beer department. Not a brewpub or microbrewery in sight it seems.

I second drinkstore.ie though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,081 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Mac's on the Ennis Road was very good a few years back but I think they may have tailed off somewhat.

A few years ago the owner of Keller's Carry Out in Roscrea (if you're anywhere near there) had an interest in stocking more than the usual beers - not sure about now - maybe worth a call.

• Advertisement

Mac's on the Ennis Road was very good a few years back but I think they may have tailed off somewhat.

A few years ago the owner of Keller's Carry Out in Roscrea (if you're anywhere near there) had an interest in stocking more than the usual beers - not sure about now - maybe worth a call.

Afraid not, that's about halfway to Dublin for me. I kind prefer shopping online anyway - no queues, no parking and no having to search several places for the thing you want.

Advertisement