Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plug Plants

Options
  • 15-11-2010 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭

Hi - does anyone know if/where you can get plug plants in spring in Ireland? I'm thinking about annuals for summer bedding. Getting ahead of myself I know. suttons.co.uk have good ranges but I assume they can't be shipped to Ireland.
    Thanks a lot

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭casey junior

redser7 wrote: »
    Hi - does anyone know if/where you can get plug plants in spring in Ireland? I'm thinking about annuals for summer bedding. Getting ahead of myself I know. suttons.co.uk have good ranges but I assume they can't be shipped to Ireland.
    Thanks a lot

They ship to me in Armagh , that's in Ireland. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

I think they will ship here, why don't you ask them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

Got some from these last Spring.

http://www.quickcrop.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

Thanks for the replies. I just didn't think delicate plants would be shipped overseas. Anyway on their FAQ page it says ...

g. I live outside the UK – can I still order?

We are able to deliver packets of seeds to addresses within the EU, but not plants or garden equipment. The charge for delivery is £3.95.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

I've ordered from thompson and morgan, they have some good special offers from time to time and they ship to ROI - it doesn't say that clearly on their website but I emailed them a couple of years ago and they confirmed it.

• Advertisement

Great! Thanks muckety. And did they arrive in good order? Healthy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

From Sutton's T&Cs

Republic of Ireland
    We are happy to accept orders for flower and vegtable plants and garden equipment. Seed may be ordered by post from: C.P. Hackett & Co., 4 Capel Street, DUBLIN 1. Tel: (1) 8734911

Thanks bmaxi.
    I mailed Thompson and Morgans and they said they don't deliver to Ireland as the plants would not arrive in condition matching their high standards.
    Pity there doesn't seem to be an Irish company, looks like a gap in the market there.

In case anyone is interested, quickcrop.ie got back and said they arn't doing bedding plants, just veg. Suttons got back and said indeed they do deliver to Ireland and they are correcting their website...

Thank you for your email.
    I must apologise for the incorrect information on the FAQ web page, which we are now in the process of correcting. You are welcome to place orders for plug plants and I will arrange to send a catalogue to the address you have supplied.

Advertisement