Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Isle Of Wight Festival 2011

Options
  • 15-11-2010 3:42pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Kings of Leon have been confirmed the Isle of Wight Festival which celebrates its tenth anniversary from Friday 10th until Sunday 12th June 2011 at Seaclose Park, Newport, Isle of Wight.

Kings of Leon are the first headliner to be announced, appearing on Friday 10th June 2011.

It's a double whammy for the Tennessee 4 piece Kings of Leon, who take to the stage for their first major UK festival performance of 2011, as well as their first visit to the island.

Festival organiser John Giddings said, "We are proud to bring one of the world's biggest rock bands to the island on our tenth anniversary. It is an incredible way to start the weekend, I can't wait!

2011 is an extra special year for the festival as it celebrates its 10th birthday in style. The Isle of Wight Festival is renowned year on year for its eclectic & electric line-up, mixing iconic artists with up and coming acts to make a truly original festival that appeal to all types of music lovers and this year will be no exception!"

There will be another line-up announcement tomorrow.

Tickets for the the tenth anniversary of the Isle Of Wight Festival will go on sale at 9am on Friday 19th November, and eFestivals will have links for you to buy them then.

Tickets will be priced at £175 for adult camping which includes entertainment in the campsite on Thursday night, and £87.50 for a child ticket (aged 7 to 12 years). The price of an adult ticket without camping is £150 and £75 for children (aged 7 to 12 years). All children 6 years old and under on 10th June 2011 can go for free but must still have a ticket. A campervan permit is £250 (all occupiers must also have a valid Camping ticket).

Confirmed:
    Kings Of Leon
    Pulp
    Foo Fighters
    British Pink Floyd

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Pulp added to Saturday under headliner

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pilot1087

went to this years fest, it's very well organised and has a great athmosphere. I would definitely recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

When I saw Kings of Leon were announced for Rock Am Ring, I nearly dies. Have big intentions for Download next year, so this would've killed them off honestly. Thankfully they at this. Pulp at it too...class!

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭kennyu272

Foo Fighters have been confirmed too....

http://www.nme.com/news/foo-fighters/53859

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭funnyname

Is the Isle of Wight paired with Rockness like T in the Park and Oxegen?

Looks like it isn't.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RockNess

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isle_of_Wight_Festival_2010

• Advertisement

Kasabian confirmed as Sundays headliner :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Gah jesus **** that is an atrocious line up. Shame, i heard good things about this festival aswell.

Plan B, The Script, and Pixie Lott lead the latest acts confirmed for the Sunday at the Isle of Wight Festival.

The main stage on Sunday's line-up will see the return to the festival of The Script, Pixie Lott and festival regular James Walsh, alongside a debut appearance from East London's Plan B, and guitar legend Jeff Beck who will make an extra special guest appearance at the Festival.

John Giddings, the Festival promoter, says "We have the best of the album chart, and one of the best guitarists in the world, it's an awesome combination…"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Plan B, The Script, and Pixie Lott lead the latest acts confirmed for the Sunday at the Isle of Wight Festival.

The main stage on Sunday's line-up will see the return to the festival of The Script, Pixie Lott and festival regular James Walsh, alongside a debut appearance from East London's Plan B, and guitar legend Jeff Beck who will make an extra special guest appearance at the Festival.

John Giddings, the Festival promoter, says "We have the best of the album chart, and one of the best guitarists in the world, it's an awesome combination…"

Jeff Beck is quite a cool booking.

The latest acts added to the Isle of Wight Festival 2011 line-up are for the Big Top on the final night. Sunday's Big Top headliner is Manic Street Preachers, with Public Image Ltd. (PiL) , Cast, Hadouken!, Nick Lowe, and Brother all joining the Welsh 3-piece.

Elsewhere Northern Ireland's Two Door Cinema Club will be will be making their first appearance at the Isle of Wight Festival on the main stage on Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭revz

Went to the 2010 festival in the summer, really well set up and had a brilliant line-up, great atmosphere and I would definitely recommend it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭spudd

thinking of going this year, is it hard to get to? trying to decide whether to buy tickets or not, seems like it could be hassle getting over there between buses/ferries/flights

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭revz

spudd wrote: »
    thinking of going this year, is it hard to get to? trying to decide whether to buy tickets or not, seems like it could be hassle getting over there between buses/ferries/flights

No wasn't hard at all really, my friend and I flew into Bournemouth (very cheaply) with ryanair, then a bus into the town centre, where they had it set up very well in the train stations that you bought a ticket ~£30 which included all your trains (think we made 2 quick changes to get to Lymington) and also the ferry over as well, return.
    Then a bus from Yarmouth to the site of the festival was £5 i think. Part of the adventure though, and was definitely worth it, loved it!

Can you buy a day ticket would love to see Kasabian and Beady Eye ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Great coverage (delayed live coverage) of Isle of Wight festival currently on sky arts channel 243. Kings of Leon are headlining tonight but a good under card also.

It's on all weekend, foo fighters headlining tomorrow night.

Dave Fanning also representing Ireland by presenting the show..:D

Advertisement