Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nostalgia Thread: Peter Pan Fun World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Jesus i brought some of my kids there, i feel old when you're all reminiscing about being on the slides.

You're that old and you know how to use a computer, I commend you :P Now get back to the home before you start to worry people...

by the way do you like fish sticks? :D

On that note has the decision been passed so a-holes like me should stop a-hole comments like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,887 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Wompa1 wrote: »
    She is sadly missed?

It was very easy to lose track of time in there though alright. You could stay all day and not get bored.

:pac:

The teachers found her eventually...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Peter Pan was ****ing excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

You're that old and you know how to use a computer, I commend you :P Now get back to the home before you start to worry people...

by the way do you like fish sticks? :D

On that note has the decision been passed so a-holes like me should stop a-hole comments like this?

I dictate to my helpers what to write, the old sight is fading.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Yeah, the full memory of the Coca Cola slide has finally come back to me by now. I remember there were two heights. I'm pretty certain I went down the high one several times. Hope to God I'm right....

Wonder where that slide is now. It'd be pretty cool some day to be able to say, "Hey, I own the original Coca Cola slide, remember that?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Jamey wrote: »
    The cheesiest 90's tunes playing over the loudspeaker!

This :D

Whenever I hear any of those songs on the radio I'm instantly transported back!

The one thing I never did was go on the Coca Cola slide. I was too scared because of the horror stories about kids breaking their arms. I was such a wimp! :o

I used to love the ball pools, I'd try to completely submerge myself in them, which was fine until some kid would jump in without realising I was there and land on me :(

Fecking dangerous place! But such great fun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Someone has to have pictures of Peter Pan. Spent ages going through old photos of birthdays and the like and I can't find one:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

I nearly cried the day my boyfriend told me he had never been to Peter Pan, I felt so sorry for him. I posted it on FB and people reacted as if the poor thing had died or something, it was that shocking!

I only ever went on the Coca-Cola slide once and I can't really remember it, but I was always saying I'd do it again, then it closed:(! My brother was the brave one tho, when he was done drowning us in the ball pools he would literally spend the rest of the time on that slide, he had no fear at all!

I must have gone there for every birthday from when I was 3 or 4 to when it closed, which probably wasn't that much unfortunately! In Summer you followed up a trip to Peter Pan with a trip to Leisureland, sure while you were in the city I suppose :p! Awesome times!

I have vague memories about meeting another little boy Tommy, being amazed that his name was the same as the Green Power Ranger and spending the rest of the afternoon sharing our favourite martial arts moves that we had learned from the program.

Oh and those masher thingys were great craic -when you slip through them.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jwcurtin

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Someone has to have pictures of Peter Pan. Spent ages going through old photos of birthdays and the like and I can't find one:mad:

I have, they're somewhere! I head up to the attic!

• Advertisement

jwcurtin wrote: »
    I have, they're somewhere! I head up to the attic!

Careful now. Putting pictures of little kids in a play area on an internet forum..what could go wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

we used to get adults, especially the dads asking us if they could rent out the place for an evening for a birthday or stag etc.. then they'd head down to "check on the kids" and you'd spot them sneakily going down the slides! big kids! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jwcurtin

Careful now. Putting pictures of little kids in a play area on an internet forum..what could go wrong?

Ya no probs, ill be careful!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,887 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Dunjohn wrote: »
    Yeah, the full memory of the Coca Cola slide has finally come back to me by now. I remember there were two heights. I'm pretty certain I went down the high one several times. Hope to God I'm right....

Wonder where that slide is now. It'd be pretty cool some day to be able to say, "Hey, I own the original Coca Cola slide, remember that?"

My best friends Dad helped tear it down. Dunno how she could live with him knowing that! :mad:

Anyway, she had the balls out in her garage, her and her brother used to raise the fork lift and jump off into the balls into a skip!

The one thing I never did was go on the Coca Cola slide. I was too scared because of the horror stories about kids breaking their arms. I was such a wimp! :o

I never went on it either. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

I only went down the coke slide once. Never again lol. I loved the bouncy castle but was forever getting told to go off it, there was also some snotty lad in there saying girls weren't as good as guys at climbing the walls and flipping, I showed them *shakes fist*.
    We went nearly every sunday for years and for half way through like clockwork we'd find dad drinking coffee/tea and get 50p to get the slushees. :)
    I remember in the "haunted house part" some slightly older boys trying to play "doctor". I'm pretty sure I yelled at them or punched them...lol was that any of you?
    Pretty sure my dad said I was there the day it opened. I remember going with cousins at 11 years old and being told I was too old to go in :(. I just looked old for my age. Never went back again, too embarrassed. God that place was great craic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

mars bar wrote: »
    My best friends Dad helped tear it down. Dunno how she could live with him knowing that! :mad:

Name and shame him! :mad: :pac:

Think I was only there once for a friends birthday party. Best day ever!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭0verblood

I'm 24 now, I miss that place so much!

I remember absolutely battering myself on the coca cola slide, I was wearing shorts and my sticky sweaty legs got stuck half a second after I started to slide down then cartwheeled down the rest of the way and smashed into the coloured balls head first, and I was grand! If that happened to me nowadays I'd be in bits for a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

mars bar wrote: »
    We should all get together and rebuild it. As a boards project.

We'd probably make the Indo again.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Inmyownworld

Loved that place! I went down the Coca-Cola slide once and hit my head on it going down so it was back to the snake slide for the rest of my time in there!

You'll always remember people going up to the top of the stairs to the coca-cola slide being asked "And how old are you?"
    "Ehh.... ten?"

Brilliant times! Imagine booking it out for a party now a days, would be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

I remember my brother climbing all the way up to the top up, up the rope ladders or whatever, to go on the snake slide. When he got to the opening, he got scared and when he was asked what age he was, he lied so that the girl would sent him back down again. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Man, if someone rebuilt Peter Pan world, they'd make a fortune with all these nostalgia-ing boardsies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 twinkletoes06

Ha..... memories!!!

Anyone else lie through their teeth saying they were 8 or 10 or whatever it was to be allowed on the coca cola slide!!!

Aw good times .... before everything in this country got so regulated :)

Can't imagine anywhere being insured with a slide like that again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Lynnsie

I loved this place! I always had to be pushed down the Coca-cola slide by the staff member at the top, was never brave enough to do it myself! The big yellow slides in Leisureland were great too :D

Man, if someone rebuilt Peter Pan world, they'd make a fortune with all these nostalgia-ing boardsies.

A bunch of 20 something playing in a ball pit and tumbling down the Coca Cola slide. It would be something to behold

Say if we get as many boardsie's together and we all invest just.. €100 in it. There's bound to be thousands of people who would absolutely love to see something like Peter Pan Fun World again - we could build a new one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Say if we get as many boardsie's together and we all invest just.. €100 in it. There's bound to be thousands of people who would absolutely love to see something like Peter Pan Fun World again - we could build a new one!

I like this idea. Everyone post your credit card details and I'll take care of it

:pac:

A bunch of 20 something playing in a ball pit and tumbling down the Coca Cola slide. It would be something to behold

grownups.png

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭gossipgirl10

ah yes loved peter pan fun world :)

remember you would get a number on a sticker when you handed in your shoes and they'd call out the numbers when it was time for you to leave but you'd try and hide in the ball pond or pretend your sticker fell off so you'd get more time in there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

My neighbours used to own the place, so I'd always get in for free whenever they were around.

Only ever braved the Coca Cola slide once, cracked my head on the way down and rolled limply into the ball pit. I vowed never again.

Used to love when there was a massive birthday party going on, and about 50 of ye would just take over the place. Climb up the exit to the snake slide so that you'd block any people coming down, and there'd be about 4 or 5 of ye wedged in there screaming.

Great fun to hide in the ball pit, wait motionlessly until someone haplessly got close enough and then spring out and drag them down.

If you didn't have a cut lip, bleeding knees or skinned elbows by the time you left, it wasn't a thorough trip. Epic epic fun!

I miss that place... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

There was a bigger Coca-Cola slide in the Wesport House theme park and it was designed to slam peoples heads as hard as possible at the bottom.

Advertisement