Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Immaculate Conception Church , Rathass

Options
  • 15-11-2010 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

Hi all,

I've a strange enquiry , but it's bothering me!
    I recently got engaged and we provisionally booked the Immaculate Conception Church for our wedding. I haven't been to that Church in years so paid a visit yesterday and was disappointed to see the aisle was so narrow :-(
    The pews are screwed to the ground, so can't easily be pushed aside.

I know this Church is very popular for weddings so I'm just wondering have people un-screwed the pews for the mass to widen the aisle, or used the narrow aisle that's there....My fiance and I were able to fit down it, but I just felt if I had a fancy frock on it would be brushing off the sides of the pews and wouldnt have much room to manouevre a dress!!
    As I said..a strange enquiry...was going to ask the ladies in the parish centre , but I'm afraid they'll think it's a joke or something..
    Also if people have any other recommendations for a nice intimate Church(bout 100 guests) for a Christmas wedding I would love to hear- I'm not interested in St Johns(castle st.), St Brendans, Balloonagh Chapel , Fenit or Churchill
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Hi all,

I've a strange enquiry , but it's bothering me!
    I recently got engaged and we provisionally booked the Immaculate Conception Church for our wedding. I haven't been to that Church in years so paid a visit yesterday and was disappointed to see the aisle was so narrow :-(
    The pews are screwed to the ground, so can't easily be pushed aside.

I know this Church is very popular for weddings so I'm just wondering have people un-screwed the pews for the mass to widen the aisle, or used the narrow aisle that's there....My fiance and I were able to fit down it, but I just felt if I had a fancy frock on it would be brushing off the sides of the pews and wouldnt have much room to manouevre a dress!!
    As I said..a strange enquiry...was going to ask the ladies in the parish centre , but I'm afraid they'll think it's a joke or something..
    Also if people have any other recommendations for a nice intimate Church(bout 100 guests) for a Christmas wedding I would love to hear- I'm not interested in St Johns(castle st.), St Brendans, Balloonagh Chapel , Fenit or Churchill
    Thanks

my brother got married in Curraheen church about 4 miles outside Tralee on the Dingle Road. It's small and intimate but is kind of modern so you don't have the old world traditional style feel there. Personally I would have recommended Balloonagh as my sister got married there and it ticks all the boxes you are looking for but you've already ruled it out. Maybe take a spin out to Abbeydorney (modernish) or Ardfert (more old style) churches which are both kind of small and which are only 6 miles from Tralee each and see if they meet your requirements?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭lottpaul

I think Curraheen is a nice blend of old/modernised and would definitely enquire. It's also in Tralee parish so there shouldn't be any difficulty if you've already enquired re Rathass.

If you want to go a bit further out what about Castlegregory or Camp?
    Castlegregory is a very old and recently renovated church.

And for a really small church what about Inch? Very nice, very intimate, may even be a bit too small.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

My rather large aunt got married in Rathass Church, had to walk down the aisle practically behind her Dad, pretty embarrassing, it is a very narrow aisle.

Curraheen Church is lovely, and has a lovely view, not important I know, but still nice.

Advertisement