Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Children Of Bodom Live at Vicar Street April 05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭GrizzlyMan

Yeah this should be good, heard Amon Amarth and Ensiferum will be supporting also :D (but not confirmed)

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

:eek: This is going on my list of gigs that I may go to depending on funds, but if Amon Amarth and Ensiferum are supporting I will definitely be there.

edit: Ok, according to the link, which I probably should have checked first, I will definitely be going.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭claudiaaims

I'll be there as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Awesome line up! Would love to go.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Pretty sure I'll head to this. Haven't seen Bodom in a few years (since they were last here after Blooddrunk I think.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Johnny Derpp

Really wish this would be in a better venue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Amon Amarth confirmed.

http://www.metalireland.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=45610

To be honest I'd be going for the support acts!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Really wish this would be in a better venue.
    I don't mind Vicar Street really. It's not that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Bodom are gick but the rest of the lineup more than makes up for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭yahurespuestas

so cool!!!

does somebody knows the strating date to buy the tickets?

i dont want o miss this

• Advertisement

Machinae Supremacy!!!
    Might even drag some of us/the chiptune nerds out of the woodwork!

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

tickets on sale @ 9am on Monday through Ticketmaster or tickets.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Amon amarth, bodom and ensiferium? This ones gonna require my dancin shoes...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

well, tix bought. There must have been a rush for something on tickets.ie cos it spewed a few times there just after 9

Tickets won't be available on ticketmaster until wednesday i'm told.

you'd want to be sure of that cos tickets.ie had them from 09:00 this morning:
    http://tickets.ie/event.aspx/children-of-bodom-vicar-st-dublin-05-April-2011/VHH5X

old gregg wrote: »
    you'd want to be sure of that cos tickets.ie had them from 09:00 this morning:
    http://tickets.ie/event.aspx/children-of-bodom-vicar-st-dublin-05-April-2011/VHH5X

I know. But tickets.ie are only going getting allocated a few hundred.

ah right I see. Will ticketbastard add on service/post/greed charges?

ah right I see. Will ticketbastard add on service/post/greed charges?

all of your favourite charges plus many more....

No I have no credit card will buy from an outles, the charge isn't too bad there, less than €2.

coolio. it's pretty much an all ages gig too. I'll be there with my 19yr old son and the last time we saw CoB he was a kid, so cute :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

got my ticket, gonna be unreal!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭maps and atlas

No card. Tickets.ie have some outlets

http://www.tickets.ie/Help.aspx/Faq?qid=33

Cork
    Plugd Records, Triskel Arts Centre / ESB Substation, Caroline Street, Cork. +353 (0)21 427 6300

Donegal
    Sweeney Todd's, Market Square Shopping Centre, Bundoran, Co. Donegal.

Dublin
    City Discs, Temple Lane South, Dublin 2. +353 (0)1 633 0066

Limerick
    The Scholar's Club, University of Limerick, Limerick. +353 (0)61 234378
    French's Cafe, 13 Catherine St, Limerick City. +353 (0)61 318377 (* Opening soon)

Meath
    E2Music, Unit 4 Kennedy Road, Navan, Co. Meath. +353 (0)46 902 3254

Westmeath
    E2Music, Unit 5 Castle Street, Mullingar, Co. Westmeath. +353 (0)44 939 0009

None in Galway?

(I always feel like telling Ticketmaster "No actually, I just want to buy the ticket, not book it too, thanks":mad:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

ah cool, will get tix to thissss

Getting mine tomorrow. :)

I may be hugely confused. But If you are over 18 can you bring cans into the venue due to the bar being closed?

for sure you'll be able to bring a bag of cans into an over 14s gig :p:p:p , not :p.

Mayhap a neat hip flask filled with absinthe for when the lights go down

for sure you'll be able to bring a bag of cans into an over 14s gig :p:p:p , not :p.

Mayhap a neat hip flask filled with absinthe for when the lights go down

A hipflask? Us kids can manage a strawful before blacking out :p But this is what i read;

"This means, unlike the previous DME shows in there, that beer will be allowed into the stage area. I really wanted this changed as I felt that old way was unfair on the over 18's. It must be stressed that security will be tight on this so do not try to be smart if you're under 18...if caught, you will be ejected."

sounds like there will be a bar from reading that? I know from all ages stuff at the Olympia that the bar is open but you can't bring kids into the bar (at least that's the way it was the last time I brought kids to an event there).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Under A Funeral Moon

Amon Amarth and Ensferum, can't wait. I've seen them both before and they're amazing live. I'll be taking a trip back from Norway for this gig. Children of Bodom are alright, but not really my thing. They don't deserve to be headlining, in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

saw them back in 2008 (same venue) was brilliant got hennka's bass pick also.
    and also 2006 on unholy alliance tour, not goin this year, im not into them much anymore, last album was muck.

Advertisement