Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barber shop?

Options
  • 15-11-2010 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

Is there one on campus, or near campus???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Went into Johnny's across from Superdine and despite sketchy reports they did a bang up job for €12.

Search the Limerick forum and you'll get a few reviews of places there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

had the same dilemma when i moved into the ul area few months back, found a decent one beside domino's in castletroy

i always feel robbed when i get the head shaved, i get a .5 all round, takes 2 mins !! but sure what can you do, 12E seems to be the going rate everywhere !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

cson wrote: »
    Went into Johnny's across from Superdine and despite sketchy reports they did a bang up job for €12.

Search the Limerick forum and you'll get a few reviews of places there.

I thought it was called Max's? I went in on a Friday and got no student discount so it was €16...left a sour taste. But it seems like the only choice around here!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

iPwnage wrote: »
    had the same dilemma when i moved into the ul area few months back, found a decent one beside domino's in castletroy

i always feel robbed when i get the head shaved, i get a .5 all round, takes 2 mins !! but sure what can you do, 12E seems to be the going rate everywhere !

Buy yourself a razor with the blades, will be cheaper in the long run :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

The one above Rio's is quite good, €12 aswell though. Cant remember the name of it off the top of my head though (no pun intended)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

CiaranMT wrote: »
    :D always said to me !!
    couldn't be arsed, and would be sure to feck it up !!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

The one above Rio's is Max's afaik and the one across the road is Johnny's.

Or it could be the other way round :P

Anyway, my recommendation is the one across the road from Superdine/Rio's/Domino's

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭neil_

CiaranMT wrote: »

Really gotta back this up, you can get a razor for €15 in boots, so 2 haircuts and it's more than paid for itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

cson wrote: »
    The one above Rio's is Max's afaik and the one across the road is Johnny's.

Or it could be the other way round :P

Anyway, my recommendation is the one across the road from Superdine/Rio's/Domino's

Pretty sure that place is Max's. €13 last time for me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

hairdressers in kilmurry isnt there?
    i presume its unisex

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

One above Rios gave me a piss poor hair cut there. Ill just go at home from now on I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Trader1991

One above Rios gave me a piss poor hair cut there. Ill just go at home from now on I guess.

I got mine done there the last day...I thought he did a good job, seemed like a sound owld fella aswell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Mallox

maxs is doing a ten euro deal for the next week if you jus give your student card and ask for the ten euro deal :D happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Sorry for the bump. Looking to get a haircut, need a place in Castletroy so presume these would be my two options. Which is the best option for long enough curlyish hair? I'm looking for it to be tidied up more than anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

The place across the road from Rio's, beside O' Mahoney's Insurance do a great cut, 12/13 yoyos (can't remember which). You can get a card too to stamp, so if ya get something like 6 cuts you get the 7th free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Ye was grand wasnt too happy but never am so not too bad a job.

Advertisement