Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dubonnet

Options
  • 15-11-2010 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭

Hi Guys I was wondering if some of you could help me out.
    I have a customer who only drinks Dubonnet now apparantly its gone off the market here. according to idl anyway.
    does anyone know an off licence that still has a bottle or two on the shelves? Id be delighted to sent her over and pick them up.
    Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Could be worth phoning Redmond's of Ranelagh (01 4960552) or Deveney's Dundrum (01 2984288).

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Molloys Clondalkin

will do cheers beernut

• Registered Users Posts: 16,995 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I'm told that The Abbot's Ale house in Cork has several cases of it.
    If you phoned them they might be able to arrange something for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Never heard of it, I'm surprised to say.
    Sounds an interesting drink, is it nice?

I love my gin so this could be a nice accompaniment according to wikipedia.

It tastes not unlike a ruby port.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

We've a bottle in the pub that hasn't been touched in the 5 years I've worked there, no surprise it's not on the market anymore.

I'd imagine you can still buy it in France if you know anyone doing a wine run.

Or online http://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/P-5037.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

It has been delisted from where i work for the past six months, apparently it was dropped by its importer. Who could blame them, i think i sold 3 bottles of the stuff in 4 years.

cheers guys I managed to find a few but its handy to know theres still a little out there.

and my god 5 cases was he conned into it??/

cheers guys I managed to find a few but its handy to know theres still a little out there.

and my god 5 cases was he conned into it??/

Not sure how many he has.
    I'd say they were cheap!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

When you mix it with Blue Nun your transported back to Ireland in the early 80's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

When you mix it with Blue Nun your transported back to Ireland in the early 80's.
    We were poor back then too, but at least we were sovereign :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 villian21

Apparently or so i am led to believe The Queen of England, Liz herself is partial to a dropeen of Gin (Gordons of course) with a shot of Dubonnet, maybe its just to give it a nice colour. Is it possible that all stocks have been bought up and shipped to the palace, im sure Philip samples it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 pmcg343

It has just come back onto the market by a company called Premier Beverage Brands. you can reach them at 01 6345348 and they will orgnaise a case to be sent to you. Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 7 pmcg343

Yeah I heave likes hers with gin. but is a great alternative to hot port or hot whiskey..... put a double shot of dubonnet, cloves, hot water, honey and a slice of orange. paul

• Registered Users Posts: 37 sarciegit

pmcg343 wrote: »
    Yeah I heave likes hers with gin. but is a great alternative to hot port or hot whiskey..... put a double shot of dubonnet, cloves, hot water, honey and a slice of orange. paul

sounds good, do you know anywhere i could get it on a night out?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

I dug out the bottle of this at work the other night as I was gonna try that hot port alternative for a customer. Had to heat the lid to get it open and when it came out it had seriously "matured". The smell of it was rank and it was full of cloudy sediments and bits. Dumped the whole lot down the sink. Glad to be finally rid of the stuff tbh.

sarciegit wrote: »
    sounds good, do you know anywhere i could get it on a night out?

I was in Buswells hotel on moleswoerth street and they had it btw the manager Darius there is a bit of a whiskey buff nice guy all round and the (old style) jameson plinth is fully stocked : )

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

It's now supplied by a company called Premier Beverage Brands, contact Paul Maguire, ph: 01 6345348.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 sarciegit

Yeah there's a sampling of the Hot Dubonnet drink on the christmas market this weekend

Advertisement