Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engine burning large amounts of oil.

Options
  • 15-11-2010 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

I have a 2002 Nissan Primera 1.6 97k miles, the past few months it has been burning large amounts of oil, e.g, 2 litres in under a week. The rocker cover was replaced as it was leaking oil because it was cracked also the gasket seal, just before this was done it was beginning to smell badly when accelerating hard, but since it has been replaced it has began burning badly, we were driving it for about a week with no oil left so no good was done there, but it still has compression and the power is there and the blue smoke is not constant only when you put the foot down or above 60mph so trying to stay below that. There are 2 possibilities i know of the valve seals, pcv seal, exhaust valve seals, or the piston rings which are uncommon to go on this model so I heard and 97k is very early to happen aswell, so if any ideas please let me know, or is there a possibility that the mechanic could have done something accidental, or dropped something in causing to burn? Would like to hear, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Check the flux capacitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Gsconnor

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Check the flux capacitor.

Ah of course, that would explain why I haven't been able to time travel lately

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

:)

As you already have a thread open in the Motors forum, I'll close this one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement