Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cleaning oven

• 15-11-2010 6:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭

Has anyone any suggestions for oven cleaner. Very hard to clean burnt on food on the metal 'shelves'. There is one product you put in a bag. Does that have to be used outside?

http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/special_buys3_13384.htm is said to be good but doubt if available now as aldio just have things one week, ad is from July

Also need to clean remove the carbon stains from pyrex glass oven dish

Any ideas appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭blueyedson

The product in the link 'oven pride' is available in tesco's.

I've used it and it is good. You place the racks in plastic bag,pour in the solution, close the bad (seal) and then leave to sit (over night is best ,leave outside somewhere dry)

The solution can be used for the inside of oven also ,it would probably work on the pryrex dish as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Has anyone any suggestions for oven cleaner. Very hard to clean burnt on food on the metal 'shelves'. There is one product you put in a bag. Does that have to be used outside?

http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/special_buys3_13384.htm is said to be good but doubt if available now as aldio just have things one week, ad is from July

Also need to clean remove the carbon stains from pyrex glass oven dish

Any ideas appreciated.

I have this crazy ass Mr Muscle stuff that I have to leave over night and not get on my skin.

It did the trick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

I've used the Dr Baekerman (?) bags for the shelves and would highly recommend them. I didn't leave them outside - I left them on top of the cooker overnight and it was fine.

You can also put a dishwasher tablet into the pyrex dish and fill with boiling water and leave it overnight. If that doesn't shift it, a good old fashioned brillo pad will work.

Advertisement