Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Location of speed cameras

• 15-11-2010 7:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭

speed_camera_locations.jpg

So what do ye think folks?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭munster_mafia

And I taught they were due for areas known for high speed accidents. Or am I wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

/\ Fatal acidents happen at all speeds /\

If accident black spots is the issue then a camera should be on the Old Kilmeaden Road near Killoteran

Im aware of that Mike, but as I said I heard one senior Garda saying areas where high speed accidents have occured.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Does that mean their is a van on each of those areas or will it be 1 or 2 vans covering those areas ???:confused:

Im guessing there will just be the 1, different area each day maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Joe Gt

this might be of use if people update it as the see them about
    http://www.trapster.com/

Screenshot2010-11-15at184141.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Few of them in remarkably suspicious places.Like the 1 between Ferrybank and Sliverue which just happens to be where it goes from 100 to 60 I think on a very good road.
    From The Mall to the old Glass factory is an odd one :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 41 lanno25

There are 2 vans dedicated to Waterford all day every day

Ferrybank to Slieverue is 60 until out past the mile post and only 80 for about 300m before the port rd ,100 after the first new round about at the port rd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

pure scummy revenue cash cow for increasing the debt burden on an already overtaxed motoring population.......

the b.s spin about they're on a fixed fee to operate the cameras means nil as ,they're operating policy includes a set minimun monthly average of fines issue....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Excuse me if Im wrong, but have there been many crashes between Newtown and Dunmore East?

This seems odd to me.. I thought they were going to be at known black spots?!

thats was the advice that the were given im sure , but that wont make them enough money , sure have a look at the map in the north west and you wont see many red marks on the maps published to where the camaras are to be but we know that the majority of accidents happen in that area by speeding

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Kracken

TBH I am glad they are coming in, there in one on my road were boyracers tear up the road doing 80 to 90 when kids are crossing the road for school, or trucks coming rat racing down to avoid the toll.

If it means I must obey the speed limits which is the law then i have no worry, the people who have to worry are the people that speed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

When they compile the statistics they probably include less serious collisions too. As someone who keeps to the limit I've nothing to fear from the cameras, and less to fear from other motorists.
    Hoffmans wrote: »
    pure scummy revenue cash cow for increasing the debt burden on an already overtaxed motoring population.......

the b.s spin about they're on a fixed fee to operate the cameras means nil as ,they're operating policy includes a set minimun monthly average of fines issue....

The cheek of them, expecting people to obey the law. Sure imagine if everyone started doing that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

This is handy if you have google earth and you want to view the spots all around the country.

gardagosafecameras.zip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭Yes Boss

They are positioned on the outer ring road - That infamous blackspot!!!
    You wouldn't mind if they said their agenda was to generate revenue and not to save lives. Banana Republic :(

Bring in the IMF and sort out all these idiot decision makers in the Public Sector!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Joey leBlanc

Why is it that the Ferrybank Dual Carriageway is only 50kpm & yet when you turn over onto Abbey Road past the schools the twisty turny single lane road increases to 60kpm?????? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deise_boi

Why is it that the Ferrybank Dual Carriageway is only 50kpm & yet when you turn over onto Abbey Road past the schools the twisty turny single lane road increases to 60kpm?????? :mad:

That kind of problem is rampant across the country. For the most part it is to do with being inside the city boundary.

Yes Boss wrote: »
    They are positioned on the outer ring road - That infamous blackspot!!!
    You wouldn't mind if they said their agenda was to generate revenue and not to save lives. Banana Republic :(

Bring in the IMF and sort out all these idiot decision makers in the Public Sector!!

Where on the ORR are they?

Yes Boss wrote: »

Who cares if they have a hidden agenda to generate revenue? The law is already in place to not break the speed limit, so why blame people for actually doing something proactive to enforce it? If you break the speed limit and you get caught then tough s**t.
    Don't blame the public sector because you decide to break the law and have to pay for it if you're caught.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

If you want to slow down motorists and save lives, build chicanes on the black spot locations and surface the roads properly.

If you want to make bucket loads of money, put ridiculous limits on roads and put a camera van there. Then announce that it is a move towards safely on the roads and the plebes will all jump for joy and support it!

horray!

* just my opinion!

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭DjBryn

deise_boi wrote: »
    Who cares if they have a hidden agenda to generate revenue? The law is already in place to not break the speed limit, so why blame people for actually doing something proactive to enforce it? If you break the speed limit and you get caught then tough s**t.
    Don't blame the public sector because you decide to break the law and have to pay for it if you're caught.

): yes alls grand go back to sleep now !, the rep of eire wont be sold off tonite , the taxpayer wont have to cough up the 65million fee for these camera vans , and the local a&e wont be in need of extra funding n staff .... So dont do 52 in a 50 zone...

I'd like to think that they are doing this to save lives,but they are not,i hope it does stop people speeding,but the government should just say its to earn more money,look at the smug bastard Ahern yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭DjBryn

Yea i seen that when dempsey said 'i hope nobody gets a fine' aherne half grinned dunno how he held in the laughter..

DjBryn wrote: »
    ): yes alls grand go back to sleep now !, the rep of eire wont be sold off tonite , the taxpayer wont have to cough up the 65million fee for these camera vans , and the local a&e wont be in need of extra funding n staff .... So dont do 52 in a 50 zone...

I never said all was grand, nor did I pretend to think it was. I'm fully aware that this country is crippled across all sectors.

I'm saying that breaking the speed limit is breaking the law. If you choose to do 52 in a 50 zone then you are doing just that - it doesn't matter how minute you break it by. If anyone has a problem that they might now have to fork out a few quid because a shiny new van has clocked them doing so then it's their own fault for doing so.

Not happy that it's a probable money-spinner? Slow the f**k down and it won't affect you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

deise_boi wrote: »
    I never said all was grand, nor did I pretend to think it was. I'm fully aware that this country is crippled across all sectors.

I'm saying that breaking the speed limit is breaking the law. If you choose to do 52 in a 50 zone then you are doing just that - it doesn't matter how minute you break it by. If anyone has a problem that they might now have to fork out a few quid because a shiny new van has clocked them doing so then it's their own fault for doing so.

Not happy that it's a probable money-spinner? Slow the f**k down and it won't affect you.

That doesn't account for margin of error, your example is pointless. Have a look at this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

On my way to work this morning at 6:45 and here they where just off the roundabout at slieverue and the belview port road.

As far as im aware waterford has 3 vans. One navy (10 Ky 2236) and one red ford transit and a white iveco.

So a couple of questions:......

1) Is there a camera in the front (just under the rear view mirror) of these as well or just the back??

2) If I pass it going towards new ross from waterford and its parked on the opposite side of the road with the back doors (camera) facing new ross, can it catch me going past it or does it only pick up traffic coming towards it???

3) Also anyone any idea how long it takes before the fine arrives??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Speak Now

No more speeding on the airport road for me every morning :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

On my way to work this morning at 6:45 and here they where just off the roundabout at slieverue and the belview port road.

As far as im aware waterford has 3 vans. One navy (10 Ky 2236) and one red ford transit and a white iveco.

So a couple of questions:......

1) Is there a camera in the front (just under the rear view mirror) of these as well or just the back??

2) If I pass it going towards new ross from waterford and its parked on the opposite side of the road with the back doors (camera) facing new ross, can it catch me going past it or does it only pick up traffic coming towards it???

3) Also anyone any idea how long it takes before the fine arrives??

I understand that the back doors have to facing you in order for the camera to catch you and chances are you will see the flash. I think all the vans are Kerry reg as thats where the company hails from ?????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

Several are also 'KK' reg!

Advertisement