Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Location of speed cameras

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Yes Boss wrote: »
    They are positioned on the outer ring road - That infamous blackspot!!!
    You wouldn't mind if they said their agenda was to generate revenue and not to save lives. Banana Republic :(

Bring in the IMF and sort out all these idiot decision makers in the Public Sector!!
    None on the ORR, if you look at the map:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Beeker wrote: »
    None on the ORR, if you look at the map:confused:

Could be one of the original Gardai ones. The area's mapped are just the outsourced routes i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

one on the old tramore road and one on the main tramore road today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭1967

The one on the ORR yesterday was actually a Garda van and not a subcontractors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭hellfireie

seen one just past the road works on the old tramore road this morning at 8:30am. silver van 10 KY or KK reg was there till about 11am def a gatso van iwas stuck behind a jcb and had a good look at it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

i was told that speedometors in cars and bikes are designed to over read the speed your going by 10%,so if your going 50mph your realy only going 45mph.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

There ids one this morning on the Kilmeaden section of the Waterford bypass N25 parked in the layby on the hill.
    That well known death trap from speeding................that is the new N25 Waterford bypass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Speak Now

gman2k wrote: »
    There ids one this morning on the Kilmeaden section of the Waterford bypass N25 parked in the layby on the hill.
    That well known death trap from speeding................that is the new N25 Waterford bypass

Sounds like it's the Gardai, the old Kilmeaden road is on the contractors list.

You can see the impact on the roads going to work in the morning, most people are bang on the number.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 70 ✭✭grinds

I think they shouldn't have given the locations of the speed cameras at all.... it's definitely going to promote speeding in the areas where they aren't located.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

grinds wrote: »
    I think they shouldn't have given the locations of the speed cameras at all.... it's definitely going to promote speeding in the areas where they aren't located.

Yep...like boy-racers between speed-bumps!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

grinds wrote: »

In the 3 days since these cameras came into operation I have to say that the N25 between Dungarvan and Waterford is a joy to drive. 100km/h observed by 95% of drivers that I see. How long it lasts is another thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭dermo909

I wonder how long it will be before I get someone behind me flashing their lights because I'm doing the speed limit!

It has been weird thought the past couple of days though with people doing bang on the limit in those areas.

I have'nt seen any of the vans yet though. Or have I? Are they emblazened with any logos to watch out for or are they plain vans parked up on the side of the road. I know in the UK all the mobile speed cameras like that are so obvious you cant miss them. Its your own fault if you get caught over there but it would'nt surprise me if they had no logos here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

dermo909 wrote: »
    I wonder how long it will be before I get someone behind me flashing their lights because I'm doing the speed limit!

It has been weird thought the past couple of days though with people doing bang on the limit in those areas.

I have'nt seen any of the vans yet though. Or have I? Are they emblazened with any logos to watch out for or are they plain vans parked up on the side of the road. I know in the UK all the mobile speed cameras like that are so obvious you cant miss them. Its your own fault if you get caught over there but it would'nt surprise me if they had no logos here.
    Theyre plain in terms of paint but there looks like a kinda vent thing on the roof I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

dermo909 wrote: »

Nothing obvious, except for a red line above the rear bumper. Chances are you won't notice this until it's too late though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I thought they look obvious enough?

0003eb16-314.jpg

Picture of camera emblazoned all over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Since the camera vans have been introduced ive been keeping to the speed limit. I cant afford the eighty euro fine due to increased motoring costs and a decrease in wages:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

You are complaining about having to remain within the speed limits?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

Sure don't you get points on your licence too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

AdMMM wrote: »
    I thought they look obvious enough?

0003eb16-314.jpg

Picture of camera emblazoned all over it.

They are only a few that look like this. All the rest are just the normal factory colour with NO markings!!

Was going to work this morning and this moron comes up behind me and starts flashing at me in 60 k/ph zone.....i was doing the limit and he overtook me in a fit of rage....wheres these cameras when you need them???

Sure don't you get points on your licence too?

What about your insurance premium going up at renewal time??

• Advertisement

I was just wondering do you get points?

I was just wondering do you get points?

yes 2. goes to four if you protest it in court and lose!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭dermo909

So the vans around Waterford dont look like the one in the photo up above? Definitly seems like they are out to catch people instead of preventing speeding. If they wanted to prevent speeding they would have them bright yellow with SPEED CAMERA written on it.

I'm sure alot of people are worried about getting fined. Not that they want to speed but everybody knows how easy it is to get a little foot heavy in a 50 zone and end up near 60 before you know it. Especially going down the hill outside WIT!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

Well here's 5 of them seen in Waterford on Monday morning. Also saw 3 other different ones earlier in the day. They seemed to be putting the stickers on them then in their speed camera van base - maybe they just haven't got round to doing all of them yet. I also met 2 white ones on the Cork Road this morning and both had stickers as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Joey leBlanc

Was going to work this morning and this moron comes up behind me and starts flashing at me in 60 k/ph zone.....i was doing the limit and he overtook me in a fit of rage....wheres these cameras when you need them???

Start going even slower & these idiots will go banana's! Sooner or later they will get caught out. Anyone who travels the Ferrybank Dual Carriageway @ peak times (most evenings) will be aware of the practice of driving in the wrong lane after the traffic lights going up the hill where the two lanes merge into one; morons intentionally drive in the outside lane & begin indicating to get into the inside lane just to gain a few extra seconds!! Sometimes I see them unable to get into the inside lane but they keep driving on anyway, in no man's land, hoping someone will give in & they can cut in. Used to annoy me until I decided to drive really slow in the outside lane as I live out Abbey Rd direction. When I look back in my rear view mirror there's usually a line of traffic indicating left. Well if they were in the correct lane in the beginning there would be no problem. A large proportion of these nob's are WX Reg's. Cant wait to get back to the strawberries!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭newportwex

Start going even slower & these idiots will go banana's! Sooner or later they will get caught out. Anyone who travels the Ferrybank Dual Carriageway @ peak times (most evenings) will be aware of the practice of driving in the wrong lane after the traffic lights going up the hill where the two lanes merge into one; morons intentionally drive in the outside lane & begin indicating to get into the inside lane just to gain a few extra seconds!! Sometimes I see them unable to get into the inside lane but they keep driving on anyway, in no man's land, hoping someone will give in & they can cut in. Used to annoy me until I decided to drive really slow in the outside lane as I live out Abbey Rd direction. When I look back in my rear view mirror there's usually a line of traffic indicating left. Well if they were in the correct lane in the beginning there would be no problem. A large proportion of these nob's are WX Reg's. Cant wait to get back to the strawberries!

I'd say you lead an exciting life:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

newportwex wrote: »
    I'd say you lead an exciting life:rolleyes:

Unless you deal with this on a daily basis you just won't be able to comprehend how annoying it gets !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭newportwex

Paddy@CIRL wrote: »
    Unless you deal with this on a daily basis you just won't be able to comprehend how annoying it gets !

So taking the law into your own hands and slowing down is the way to go is it?

We all have to deal with other drivers mistakes/laziness on a daily basis, but this "slowing down so people behind won't be able to swtich lanes" craic is idiotic behaviour;

a) You are slowing down traffic behind you, most of which are in the right lane and are trying to get home just the same as you.

b) You are causing a backlog of cars that are trying to swtich lanes, some of which will start butting into the right hand lane without being let in, which causes alot of accidents.

But a few accidents are grand as long as you get your little bit of satisfaction I suppose:rolleyes:

Clown.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Right folks let's try and keep this thread on topic, @ newportwex, you are entitled to your opinion but less of the personal abuse please, this also goes for you Joey. I want to keep this thread going for the moment, however if the abuse keeps up I'll be closing it.

• Advertisement

Just want to say something on this without going off topic,i work in New Ross and i use that road everyday,and it annoys the hell out of me too as i stay in the left lane from Bridge street,but if you look at the road markings in the right lane outside of the spar you will see that it says N25 and an arrow moving to the left which would suggest to me that it is ok to merge left.

Advertisement