Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Location of speed cameras

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

I think the use of trapster & the like may be causing them to move location more often.
    When the vans first appeared I saw blue lines on almost every road in the app, this seems to have died down a bit now - not so many users?.

A few weeks ago I got a push message to say there was one in a certain location (R000 road).
    I was in the general area about 30 mins later and saw the van on the main road( N00 road) a few miles from where the first one was reported.

They might have copped on to trapster & move if they are reported??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

I think the use of trapster & the like may be causing them to move location more often.
    When the vans first appeared I saw blue lines on almost every road in the app, this seems to have died down a bit now - not so many users?.

A few weeks ago I got a push message to say there was one in a certain location (R000 road).
    I was in the general area about 30 mins later and saw the van on the main road( N00 road) a few miles from where the first one was reported.

They might have copped on to trapster & move if they are reported??

I hope you changed your Trapster password after the hack last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭jmdsk

On Tramore Road last couple of mornings, I think people are just getting used to them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

just passed one out on the cork road between the holy cross to the tramore cross,,would never have noticed it only for someone flashed me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Spotted one coming off the Waterford bypass heading in towards Waterford at about 4.40pm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Not a speed camera van but new speed camera warning signs. I'm not sure if these signs signify a fixed speed camera or a speed camera van so I just said I'd post up anyway.

On the stretch of the N25 that runs more or less parallel to Slieverue village, heading into town, I saw a new speed camera warning sign and two poles with nothing attached to them, no van or fixed camera along that road yet. On the same stretch, heading out of town, there's one new speed camera warning sign and two new poles (obviously on the other side of the road), again, same as before, no van or fixed camera yet. Then there is a second new sign just after the Luffany roundabout heading towards the Rhu Glenn Hotel.

These signs and poles appeared late this evening between around 4.30 and 7pm so cameras/vans may be put in place at some stage tomorrow or over the weekend.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I think, but I could be wrong, that those signs are pointing out that area will be watched by speed vans. Its also on the N24.

Anywhome, councilors have begun questioning their positioning;
    http://www.munster-express.ie/local-news/gardai-%E2%80%98gatso%E2%80%99-vans-aren%E2%80%99t-income-driven/

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

I've set up a facebook group for people to let others know where they've spotted these vans around http://www.facebook.com/#!/home.php?sk=group_187578537951160&notif_t=group_activity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Not a speed camera van but new speed camera warning signs. I'm not sure if these signs signify a fixed speed camera or a speed camera van so I just said I'd post up anyway.

On the stretch of the N25 that runs more or less parallel to Slieverue village, heading into town, I saw a new speed camera warning sign and two poles with nothing attached to them, no van or fixed camera along that road yet. On the same stretch, heading out of town, there's one new speed camera warning sign and two new poles (obviously on the other side of the road), again, same as before, no van or fixed camera yet. Then there is a second new sign just after the Luffany roundabout heading towards the Rhu Glenn Hotel.

These signs and poles appeared late this evening between around 4.30 and 7pm so cameras/vans may be put in place at some stage tomorrow or over the weekend.

Yeah and there was a van parked up just past the Rhu Glenn hotel on Sat night at 9pm, rear of van facing Waterford, just before the temp speed limit signs for the current road works

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Piko

What's the speed limit when i'm passing a hotel going towards luffany roundabout from Wicklow direction? Passed a speed camera van there tonight and my sat nav was telling me it's 50km but i didn't spot any signs :o

• Advertisement

If you're talking about the Rhu Glenn Hotel on the left as you head towards Luffany roundabout, speed limit on that road is 100km.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Piko

If you're talking about the Rhu Glenn Hotel on the left as you head towards Luffany roundabout, speed limit on that road is 100km.

Thanks Pixiebean, I was driving well under 100km :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭ec18

is it not 80?

ec18 wrote: »
    is it not 80?

Definitely 100. I live along that stretch of road.

Advertisement