If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price drop on MCi298 and MCi730 Streamium systems

Options
  • 15-11-2010 7:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks

Just wanted to pass a recent price drop on a couple of out Internet Radio HiFi systems.

First up is the MCi298

MCI298_05-IMS-global?wid=430&hei=430&$jpglarge$
    This is a wall mountable (and free standing) CD player with Fm Radio and INTERNET Radio that can also stream music from you wifi enabled PC (inc iTunes)

You can control it by the supplied remote or via the LCD Touchcreen Display

Full spec here - http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/m/mci298_05/mci298_05_pss_eng.pdf

This unit is now only €199.99 - reduced from €249.99 so a nice saving there!

Also its bigger bro, the MCi730 has been reduced as well.
    MCI730_05-IMS-global?wid=430&hei=430&$jpglarge$
    This is a great micro HiFi System that plays CD's and has FM Radio and INTERNET Radio plus can stream music from you wifi enabled PC (again inc iTunes)

Thanks to its more powerful 50watt per Channel amp and larger speakers it has a very full and rich sound.

It has a LCD Touchscreen display for easy operation and regular remote for long distance control

see spec here http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/m/mci730_05/mci730_05_pss_eng.pdf

The MCi730 is now €299.99 reduced from €349.99.

I have both in stock and would be happy to demo both to you so call on in and have a listen if you are after a verstile hifi system.

atb
    Ash

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 robrieguez

Hey Ash

I am looking for an internet radio at the moment with streaming capabilities. How does this compare to the Monitor Audio Airstream 10?

Sound, ease of use, internet stations etc?

Thanks in advance

Rob Mc

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

robrieguez wrote: »
    Hey Ash

I am looking for an internet radio at the moment with streaming capabilities. How does this compare to the Monitor Audio Airstream 10?

Sound, ease of use, internet stations etc?

Thanks in advance

Rob Mc

Rob,

apologies that none of us got back to you earlier :o

It's really a completely different beast - the Airstream ( I love mine - I'm listening to it at the moment!) is really easy to use and sounds great - but it is essentially just a radio - the MCI298 is a complete system and includes a CD Slot - it's also far larger than the Airstream - but the Airstream also includes Dab!

To be honest it's a difficult choice as with the recent price drop on the Airstream to €179.99 they are really similar in price as well - If you want a complete Hifi system as your main system I'd pop for the MCI298 - if it's more a high quality table radio you are after - I would highly, highly recommend the Airstream...

Keep me posted if we can assist and again apologies for keeping you waiting,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 34 robrieguez

Hi John

Thanks for your reply

My dad has an Airstream 10 ( purchased from yourselves ) I took a loan of it today and the FM reception wasnt very good, so was thinking of the Philips or possibly a Pure Sensia.

I have a Denon M38 with MA BX2 speakers ( also purchased from yourselves, thanks Dave, I also have the Vector 5.1 pack which I love, again, thanks to Richersounds : ) ) as my main hifi so i'm not looking for something to blow me away with amazing audio, i'm just looking for a good all rounder for the kitchen with the main priorities being FM and internet radio. The cd player is a nice addition with the Philips

What is the internet radio interface like on the Philips? i.e amount of stations, ease of use? I cant find any reviews of it online and was looking for as much feedback as possible

Thanks in advance

Rob

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.