Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Am Ring/Rock Im Park 2011

Options
  • 15-11-2010 7:29pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Kings of Leon lead the first acts announced for next summer's Rock am Ring in Germany.

Kings of Leon join the first acts confirmed as Beatsteaks, Volbeat, Mando Diao, and In Flames.

Tickets go on sale on the 29th November priced at 150 euro (approx £128).

Rock am Ring takes place over 3 days from Friday 3rd to Sunday 5th June 2011, and showcases acts from the international live music scene at the Nurburgring in the Eifel mountains.

Wonder will it be 4 days of Music like last year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭shofukan

Would love to go after hearing about last year but my leaving Cert's the Wednesday after!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

The only reason i would travel for this is if Metallica or Avenged Sevenfold get announced for it, dont't have the cash to be going to a festival were I am not mad about the bands playing it =/

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Don't think Metallica will be doing regular festivals next year, but I'm fairly sure Avenged Sevenfold will be showing up. They've actually confirmed they'll see Stone Sour more in Europe next summer!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭MrPirate

KOL playing? Well that's me not going...
    Last year (Well, technically this year) had an amazing lineup that I doubt will be outdone. (Sucks I didn't get to go. :'( )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

KOL will sadly be everywhere next summer. Unless you wish to go to Oxegen :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Doesn't really get the juices flowing!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    KOL will sadly be everywhere next summer. Unless you wish to go to Oxegen :)

Horribly enough I won't put it past MCD to get them to headline:eek:

Was sying to gf that luckily the one year I won't go too far afield for festival is the one they'll play a lot:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Wonder will it be 4 days of Music like last year?

I doubt it, was probably just a once off for the anniversary. KOL being announced is a bit strange, not enough to put me off it though, there's usually one headline you've no interest in.

Any idea how long the lower price ticket sale will last?

Great festival, definitely hope to be going back next year.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Coldplay 2nd Headliner , as much as like Coldplay but looks like there going down the Indie kinda headliners this year

Awful decision...after three great years at the fest I think I'm gonna be going to a different fest in the summer!

• Advertisement

are KOL and Coldplay def announced as headliners? :eek:
    that's really dodgy
    would love if someone like deftones announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ehealo

I think you can add Alter Bridge to the line up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Any slight chance i had of going to RaR again disappeared when i just heard that ColdPlay had been announced to join KoL

Would slash me wrists having to listen to them 2

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

very disappointed so far :(

disappointed too :(

after ratm, muse, rammstein, kiss headlining last year, what are the organisers thinking, seriously. There are always the odd indie acts at it but on the smaller stages and def not headlining, ugh I think I'll be looking up what other festivals are worth going to.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

when does wacken be on, this is annoying really wanted to go to this. had d'money ready :mad:

Im prob gonna head to Lowlands anyways next year and maybe Download or IOW

5-7 of august, or graspop is on 24-26 June, loads of better festivals to choose from across europe if RIP isn't living up to the standards this year.

Also is this Volbeats third year in a row? I know they are getting bigger but that's very lazy of RAR/RIP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Im planning to go to Download next summer but if the line up is bad (which i suspect it will be) i was gonna to head to this. I wouldnt change my remote control to see the KOL and Coldplay. It was a real tempter before the acts were announced :(

• Advertisement

System Of A Down to Headline.

Blabbermouth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

So so cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Any website good for rumours?

Beekay wrote: »

Cheers...Monkeys and Mumford sounds good to me :)

if tool, deftones, soundgarden, korn,etc are there could still be good!

are they rumours ye? what are the diff colours?

if tool, deftones, soundgarden, korn,etc are there could still be good!

are they rumours ye? what are the diff colours?

The ones that are red you can click on and just get a basic profile of the act, the grey ones have no info page.

those rumours seem crazy, I def wouldn't trust them

• Advertisement

stop ruining my deluded hopes!

Advertisement