Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Am Ring/Rock Im Park 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Tool haven't played Europe since 2007 and what with all the wine-tasting I can't see them coming.
    You've just made an awesome line-up there and then you finish with....could still be good,could? good?!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

could because coldplay will be ****, kol will be REALLY **** and I like korn and love tool but dont really know deftones or soundgarden

I would have swapped kol and coldplay there.
    You do love them all, you just dont know it yet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Lol, will I be totally out of place at Rock am Ring in that I like Coldplay and Kings of Leon?

Lol, will I be totally out of place at Rock am Ring in that I like Coldplay and Kings of Leon?

No not if they're headlining I'd expect a lot more people that are into that type of genre. The festival is always quite mixed anyway, don't expect the black mass or anything :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

im sure many will, and no miss los, coldplay are better than the one hit wonders :p

look to the starssss

no least KOL give you something to look at, can't say same for coldplay.

neither give me anything to look at, sounds like another reason to hate kol for me

What bout Calebs magical beard? :p

oh one of them has a beard, i should have known
    the chix dig beards :mad:

• Advertisement

Its a magic beard, its where the catchy choruses are grown :D

mine is magic, as in it's invisible atm :pac:

mine is magic, as in it's invisible atm :pac:

Hmmm...let me have a look at this "invisible beard", I'm suspicious

ou'll ahve to speak up, I'm wearing a towel.

You can look at it in a few weeks, its all booked out
    *chants grow grow grow, come on grow*

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Ciara471

This is my first year going to this and we were thinking of staying in a hotel instead of camping. Does anyone know anywhere good to stay? Preferably cheap and near the festival?

Also, how likely is it that those rumours are true? Tool would be fantastic.
    Any chance of Alice in Chains coming? I have no basis for that, I just really want them to.

Ciara471 wrote: »
    This is my first year going to this and we were thinking of staying in a hotel instead of camping. Does anyone know anywhere good to stay? Preferably cheap and near the festival?

Any chance of Alice in Chains coming? I have no basis for that, I just really want them to.

yes!
    when I went last year, the campsite wasnt opened the first night so I stayed in a little family run hotel in the city centre very near the train station. It was just called 'city hotel' afaik and cost about 20euro, not much more than a hostel and included breakfast. I'd highly recommend this place, you got so much for breakfast and the room was really nice, en suite, tv etc for very cheap. I wouldn't think you'd hvae a problem booking it either since I literally just walked across the road to the tourist office from the train station and got them to ring around. All the hostels were full up, this was the first hotel they rang and was no problem booking it then and there. Was a minute walk from the the tourist office then, very handy for getting the trams out to the festival site. You'd definitely have a lot more comfort there for the sake of paying about 2 euro more per night than a hostel.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭baz123

Ciara471 wrote: »

Your best bet Ciara is to check out available hotels in the city via hotelbooking.com we went a couple of years ago and got sorted with a savage hotel for very cheap(like 30 euro a night) that was within spitting distance of the tram(that goes from the city to the festival-only takes bout 10 mins) Its a very well run festival and you will enjoy it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭ttoppcat

So the trams run each night after the festival too? Would be nice to be heading back to a bed after the festivities...I kinda reached my limits with camping last summer...a sign of my age I fear:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭baz123

As far as i remember they do. Not very late but if you leave as the last band is finishing you should be ok-thats what we did and it worked out good. One night we did hang on a bit,missed the last tram and had to walk back into the city. It wasn't too bad though- nout half an hour to where we were sayin i would guess. Btw-some info you probably don't know....when you get there and get your armband thingy-get yourself back to the transport office in the underground part of the train station in the middle of the town and recieve your weekend public transport ticket for .......................FREE :D Yep-its pretty feckin sweet and we only found out by chance :)

More bands confirmed:

Alter Bridge
    Avenged Sevenfold
    Bring Me The Horizon
    Hollywood Undead
    Interpol
    Korn
    Madsen
    Selig
    Simple Plan
    Social Distortion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Saw that Sevenfold were playing. Them alone make me want to go to this festival, and its cheaper than Download . . .

still nothing good enough for me to want to go

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

More bands confirmed:

Alter Bridge
    Avenged Sevenfold

Bring Me The Horizon
    Hollywood Undead
    Interpol
    Korn
    Madsen
    Selig
    Simple Plan
    Social Distortion

That would make me go but no is going

korn and hollywood undead please but still not enough to make me excited about it.
    That would make me go but no is going

no one is goin? hard to get friends to pay up, just steal some boardsies!

--LOS-- wrote: »
    korn and hollywood undead please but still not enough to make me excited about it.

no one is goin? hard to get friends to pay up, just steal some boardsies!

Ha nope i think there might be a few going to Download so might head with them . After seeing Korn at RIP 09 i have no great desire to see them again was quite bored and wished i would have went to the 3rd stage to see these guys

Stall Rock am Ring with my gang Furious Red

Ha nope i think there might be a few going to Download so might head with them . After seeing Korn at RIP 09 i have no great desire to see them again was quite bored and wished i would have went to the 3rd stage to see these guys

ah ok, just saying coz I only had my sis to go with last year so grabbed some boardsies and a great time was had!

loved korn at download, def like to see them again but I'd like to see someone I havent seen already :/

cba with download though, one time there was enough

cci0902201100000.jpg

just dont think it's good enough this year, dunno, really want to go to one :/

• Advertisement

Any chance of Kasabian playing? I know they played last year, but I saw they've been announced for Rock Werchter who are already sharing a few acts with RaR

Advertisement