Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Am Ring/Rock Im Park 2011

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

RaR-RiP_Poster2011_12-small.png?1297376243

Updated Line Up since today

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Name bands for mobile please?

3 Doors Down
    Alesana
    All That Remains
    ...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead
    Architects
    Asking Alexandria
    August Burns Red
    Disturbed
    Duff McKagan's Loaded
    Escape The Fate
    Framing Hanley
    Mastodon
    Neon Trees
    Rob Zombie
    Royal Republic
    Söhne Mannheims
    The Devil Wears Prada
    The Kooks
    The Nakes And Famous
    Time Of Grace
    We Are Scientists
    White Lies
    Wolfmother

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Just read on the rock am ring website that they've already sold 100,000 tickets and there's just 20,000 left, they say they're heading towards a record fast sell out. I thought I had a while to get me ticket yet, have to get on it :eek:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

bleh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

--LOS-- wrote: »
    yes!
    when I went last year, the campsite wasnt opened the first night so I stayed in a little family run hotel in the city centre very near the train station. It was just called 'city hotel' afaik and cost about 20euro, not much more than a hostel and included breakfast. I'd highly recommend this place, you got so much for breakfast and the room was really nice, en suite, tv etc for very cheap. I wouldn't think you'd hvae a problem booking it either since I literally just walked across the road to the tourist office from the train station and got them to ring around. All the hostels were full up, this was the first hotel they rang and was no problem booking it then and there. Was a minute walk from the the tourist office then, very handy for getting the trams out to the festival site. You'd definitely have a lot more comfort there for the sake of paying about 2 euro more per night than a hostel.

sorry, which one were you at, what city is it? :o

zuroph wrote: »

That sounds like Rock Im Park. Could be wrong

ya seems like it. its tempting, best way to travel?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

oh sorry, I was at rock im park in Nuremberg.

as for best way to travel, since ryanair stopped flights to Karlsruhe I'd say travelling with aerlingus to Frankfurt and then getting a train is pretty handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭baz123

--LOS-- wrote: »
    oh sorry, I was at rock im park in Nuremberg.

as for best way to travel, since ryanair stopped flights to Karlsruhe I'd say travelling with aerlingus to Frankfurt and then getting a train is pretty handy.
    Ryanair to frankfurt :)

• Advertisement

how much is train generally?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

baz123 wrote: »
    Ryanair to frankfurt :)

Ryanair goes to Frankfurt Hahn, aerlingus goes more centrally to Frankfurt, worked out cheaper for me last year and more convenient.

how much is train generally?

The earlier you book the cheaper it is, I can't remember offhand how much I paid before but I'd guess it was less than €50 return.

When we got the train from Frankfurt to Rock Im Park it was about €70ish but only because we never booked in advance

What I've been told is the best way to travel is ryanair to Frankfurt Hahn, and then there's a coach that brings you to the festival, stopping off in some town along the way where there's a massive lidl and you can stock up on drink, supplies, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

What I've been told is the best way to travel is ryanair to Frankfurt Hahn, and then there's a coach that brings you to the festival, stopping off in some town along the way where there's a massive lidl and you can stock up on drink, supplies, etc.
    Koblenz? Is that the town??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Koblenz? Is that the town??

Yep!

Beekay wrote: »
    Yep!
    Great town, Lidl is huge. Stayed there for a week back in 06. Theres a pretty good off license thats pretty cheap in the town =)

Koblenz is the place alright, thats how me mates got there in 07, so thats how I'll do in this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lolly810

Hey, does anyone know if you can just buy a 3 day ticket on the day at Rock am Ring? I know I'm just being fussy but I don't really want to pay the €35 delivery cost to Ireland :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Great town, Lidl is huge. Stayed there for a week back in 06. Theres a pretty good off license thats pretty cheap in the town =)

You stayed in Lidl for a week? Wierdo

• Advertisement

scudzilla wrote: »
    You stayed in Lidl for a week? Wierdo
    Yea just couldn't get enough of their bargains

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭bren2001

lolly810 wrote: »
    Hey, does anyone know if you can just buy a 3 day ticket on the day at Rock am Ring? I know I'm just being fussy but I don't really want to pay the €35 delivery cost to Ireland :D

Delivery is a fiver....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

lolly810 wrote: »

Also it has sold out the last two years I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Yea just couldn't get enough of their bargains

I went into the Lidl in Santry last week to get some milk, ended up comin out wit a tin of Russian Sardines and a snorkel

Advertisement