Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A0 colour printing in Galway - Any recommendations?

Options
  • 15-11-2010 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭

I need to get an image (I have it in BMP, about 500 MB in file) printed onto A0 paper. I'll be needing about 40 copies of this.

There's some small'ish text on it so the paper can't be of muck quality (Imagine Ordnance Survey or British Admiralty Sea Chart quality). There's no complex colours, just brown, blue, black (Same colours used in BA Sea Chart actually)

Does anyone have any particular recommendations of places in Galway that could do it? Does anyone have a guesstimate how much it'd cost? (I know I need to ring to find out, but if anyone has a slight idea please do let me know!)

Thanks folks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

isupply on the sea road are sound to deal with

wouldn't recommend snap printing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

Google it :D:D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Google it :D:D:pac:

I Googled it. The result is; You're ghey

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Cantec do A0 printing

They were charging €45 for a single A0 colour print
    They offered me a 30% discount on 20 x A0 posters.
    Also, they can do a mat finish or laminate.
    Laminating would cost €15 and the mat finish would be about €30.

Krieg wrote: »
    Cantec do A0 printing

They were charging €45 for a single A0 colour print
    They offered me a 30% discount on 20 x A0 posters.
    Also, they can do a mat finish or laminate.
    Laminating would cost €15 and the mat finish would be about €30.

Thanks a lot, will give them a bell tomorrow too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Xiney wrote: »
    isupply on the sea road are sound to deal with

wouldn't recommend snap printing
    Don't usually deal with snap, but any time I have, the service was very good, the same as iSupply really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

Hey john,
    I'm in the same boat, looking to get a kayaking photo printed up as an A0 poster. Surprisingly, the most expensive crowd I'd ever dealt with in the past, are the cheapest in this case - Snap Printing.

Less than Thirty bucks for it.

Great stuff.

I'm going to ring a few places tomorrow and send them a low res sample, then ask for a quote for the numbers I need.

I'll report back incase it helps out anyone in the future

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Digi-copy Express on Newcastle Road do it - I've been using them for years and they are pretty good. The staff changes a lot though and you need to be careful you don't get the 'new guy'.

'cptr

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Doomsday machine plans are so hard to get printed these days....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 josie5

Try peter in Blueprint express in Liosban on the tuam road, very reasonable. Here's a link, www.blueprint-express.com

Digi-copy Express on Newcastle Road do it - I've been using them for years and they are pretty good. The staff changes a lot though and you need to be careful you don't get the 'new guy'.

'cptr
    They don't seem to want to provide an e-mail. I've no problem calling in or phoning them but i'd like to be able to send the sample image in advance... grrr! Will make sure to avoid the 'new guy' - what does he look like?
    Robbo wrote: »
    Doomsday machine plans are so hard to get printed these days....
    I'm releasing the blue-prints. Doomsday devices for all!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Cantec do good quality stuff, I've used them in the past.

John is this what i think its for? If so how does one get a copy??? ;)

Zzippy wrote: »
    Cantec do good quality stuff, I've used them in the past.

John is this what i think its for? If so how does one get a copy??? ;)

Yup it's what you think it's for ;)

We're now accepting donations to help with the future of the project - See website

When I have the wall-charts printed off i'll create a PayPal shop on the website where you can order online. Alternatively if you're around Galway you can just meet me to purchase

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

http://www.onestopprinting.ie

They can print anything. Mostly for the commercial end though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Yup it's what you think it's for ;)

We're now accepting donations to help with the future of the project - See website

When I have the wall-charts printed off i'll create a PayPal shop on the website where you can order online. Alternatively if you're around Galway you can just meet me to purchase

Yeah, got the email about donations but don't have a paypal a/c anymore... def will buy one off you when you get them done though, I'd say a few more might buy them too once they see them. Let me know when you get them done
    K

Zzippy wrote: »
    Yeah, got the email about donations but don't have a paypal a/c anymore... def will buy one off you when you get them done though, I'd say a few more might buy them too once they see them. Let me know when you get them done
    K

Get someone's credit card and make a donation... you don't need a PayPal account! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭xxGalwayGirlxx

josie5 wrote: »
    Try peter in Blueprint express in Liosban on the tuam road, very reasonable. Here's a link, www.blueprint-express.com

Would also recomend Blueprints!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

I'm another iSupply fan, but I use the Quay Street branch (A0 will probably have to be done in Ballybane, but they can sort that).

JC; why don't you put the website URL in your sig? (Mod/Sigpo approval?)

Some huge variances in price here. See below table to give you an idea so far. Prices are for A0 prints

quotes.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Digi-copy Express on Newcastle Road do it -

I'm pretty sure that they're the same company as Cantec: the university branch is aimed at students, the town one at suits.

Picked up a sample copy from Standard Printers today. Happy with the quality of it.

Apart from being the cheapest, they're also using a good quality 200gsm paper (More expensive places were using 170)

The guy i'm dealing with is A1 - Kept me totally up to date with what was going on. When I went in earlier the guy wasn't there but another staff member went through things with me.

I never realised they were so big. The way the guy was talking to me I thought it was a small one-man-shop kinda thing until I arrived and saw their logo and it hit me who they were. They're pretty big and have to say they are treating me well considering i'm only a small fry.

So thumbs up for Standard Printers :) (So far, have only gotten sample print yet!)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

It's a picture of JohnCleary kicking the Bishop up the arse for those that are curious.

Robbo wrote: »
    It's a picture of JohnCleary kicking the Bishop up the arse for those that are curious.

I'm dropping out a copy to your place for viewing later on - I need your opinion on whether I got the boot in far enough

Advertisement