Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peanut Butter Uses?

Options
  • 15-11-2010 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭

I was unsure what sub-forum of the 'Food & Drink' section I should have posted this thread in, so apologies if I've made the wrong choice! :o

Basically I am a recent peanut butter addict... It started with Reese's peanut butter cups many years ago, and recently I decided to try the 'proper stuff' :D It's very nice with croissants, rice cakes etc., but what else can it be used for?

Any recipes? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭natsuko

my sis recently made a mix of pb and maple syrup to spread on pancakes... It should be bottled with an addiction warning. Good with banana added too. Mmm.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

As bait in mouse / rat traps.

Can be very high in trans fatty acids where added partially hydrogenated vegetable oils are used as binding agents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Peanutbutter & raspberry jam sandwiches
    PB & nutella sandwiches
    Pretzels, one dipped in pb, one dipped in nutella, put in mouth together. (which I could eat pretzels)

For baking, you can make blondies, crunchy PB and white chocolate , girl in work made them and they were yummy!
    You can make peanut butter cookies too, don't have a recipe to hand though

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I have it for breakfast on McCambridge's bread. Here's a recipe for PB cookies. It's quite nice just smeared on chocolate. You can add it to protein shakes. You can do loads with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

You know the banana "soft serve ice cream" recipe that was all over the place this summer? I like to make that and stir in a spoon (or 5) of peanut butter. Or even better, peanut butter and Nutella together... nom.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭hollygirl08

Dear Lord,
    Don't get me started on PB. When I was on a low carb diet a couple of years ago I suffered an intolerable addiction to the stuff. I used to buy the whole earth one (crunchy) and to be honest (whilst hanging my head in shame) I used to just eat it straight from the jar off a spoon...and then another spoon and another. On numerous occasions I would practically polish off an entire jar in one evening, get to the last couple of desert spoonfuls and go JHC what have I done and then proceed to do myself a favour my pouring washing up liquid into the remainder and bin said fabulous evil stuff. Whilst on the diet for a desert I used to mix PB with mascarpone or ricotta cheese and put in the freezer for about 15 minutes. Yum...Better stop writing about this before the cravings start racing back.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

There's a low-brow AH answer for this which i will not post... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Surprisingly, it works incredibly well at restoring the black trim on cars. I mean really really well. Bit on a cloth, polish it on, wipe off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Fluffernutter sandwiches. Peanut butter and marshmallow fluff on bread/toast. So good.

I made chocolate peanut butter layer brownies before with fudge icing. They were amazing.

Also made peanut butter cookies a few times yum.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭paky

peanut butter and rice cakes are a good combination ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,420 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

mathepac wrote: »
    As bait in mouse / rat traps.

Can be very high in trans fatty acids where added partially hydrogenated vegetable oils are used as binding agents

good peanut butter has no binding agents, its 100% peanuts
    ABC butter is the nuts :D
    (almond, brazil, cashew)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭DaDartle

for a healthy alternative, carrots dipped in pb is good as is peanut butter spread into celery sticks (so is cream cheese and onion salt, very 70s)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Put that bitch on buttery toast. Awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

mix PB with equal parts of good sweet chilli sauce and heat in a pan and you have the best satay sauce you'll ever find. :)

baste on chicken or beef skewers, use in stir fries or you can also mix it cold and use as a marinade.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I wrote up a recipe similar to the last post before.
    rubadub wrote: »
    Chilli & Garlic Peanut Chicken
    1-2 Chicken fillets
    Garlic -to your taste
    Chilli -to your taste
    Soy sauce
    1 tablespoon peanut butter

I cut the chicken into small bits with a scissors. Fry them in a saucepan (which has a lid, but do not put it on first) in a little butter or oil, over a high heat until they begin to go brown. Add the garlic & chilli, I only use a little, stir well and cook for a short while, now add a few dashes of soy sauce and put the lid on the saucepan and turn the heat off. This will steam the chicken and cook it through without it going dry, the saucepan also stops fat spattering. If the chicken is finely diced it will cook quickly. After a minute put a good tablespoon of peanut butter in the pan and stir it around so all the chicken is coated, I would still have it turned off and cooking/warming from residual heat.

This tastes like a satay type dish with the peanuts, some think it sounds odd cooking with peanut butter but I love it. Chicken & peanut butter on their own is nice as long as the peanut butter is still warm & runny.

Mellor wrote: »
    good peanut butter has no binding agents, its 100% peanuts
    ABC butter is the nuts :D
    (almond, brazil, cashew)
    Holland & barrett do 1kg tubs of meridian brand PB which is 100% nuts, I think they might have one with a little salt too, but no added stuff. It might be stored out back so ask them. It is pretty cheap per kilo. You can always just liquidise nuts yourself to make your own, fancy nut butters usually cost more than the nuts themselves, e.g. cashew butter.

Also you can just spread PB on bars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Peanut butter, bananas and nutella bagels :p Try them!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭awesom_o

Dip a kit kat chunky in some melty peanut butter.

Those pussys at nestlé may of stopped making kit kat chunky peanut, so this will have to do.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭paky

awesom_o wrote: »
    Dip a kit kat chunky in some melty peanut butter.

Those pussys at nestlé may of stopped making kit kat chunky peanut, so this will have to do.

they use to be savage. i use to eat about two a day back in the day. i wqas quite chunky myself at the time

Advertisement