Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap lunches? Dublin City Centre

Options
  • 15-11-2010 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

Anyone got ideas for chep lunch in Dublin city centre? say, under €3.50. Sometimes makes my own, but not always.

I know Subway do a 2.99 sub of the day, Burger King had a €3.50 meal deal, and Dunnes a have a chicken roll for €2. Any other ideas? Nice to have a bit of variety with lunch as well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

donaghs wrote: »
    Anyone got ideas for chep lunch in Dublin city centre? say, under €3.50. Sometimes makes my own, but not always.

I know Subway do a 2.99 sub of the day, Burger King had a €3.50 meal deal, and Dunnes a have a chicken roll for €2. Any other ideas? Nice to have a bit of variety with lunch as well.

Centra on King Street/Bolton St opposite DIT do a Chicken FIllet roll and can of coke for about €3 which ain't bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Tesco have some salad and pasta dishes that are ready to eat. They're around 2-3 euro. The prawn salad one is quite nice. I've seen them in tesco on lwr baggot street but some of the other tescos around would probably have them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

Abrakabara do a kebab and drink for 4.00e on Westmoreland street beside Trinity

Not sure if this is in city center but a few Dunnes Stores do A sandwich, orange juice and crisps for 2.50
    They're all Dunnes branded but they're alright :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭donaghs

Insomnia are doing pre-packed sandwich and a coffe for €5. But I'm looking for cheaper still. A decent sandwich really. Always looking for more ways to cuts costs. God only knows what it will be like after the budget... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Have you thought about making your own lunches the night before?

Get the ingredients in bulk (pasta/chicken or stuff for sandwiches) and making it yourself? You'll save a load that way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭neil_18_

Centra on Dame St do chicken fillet rolls for €1.99

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Actually come to think of it Tesco do a meal deal for €2.50 - a basic enough sandwich (few to choose from), can, and a bag of taytos OR fruit bag.
    chin_grin wrote: »
    Have you thought about making your own lunches the night before?

Get the ingredients in bulk (pasta/chicken or stuff for sandwiches) and making it yourself? You'll save a load that way.

Id love to do that. Problem being I can't find cheapish chicken or ham that's decent quality - most decent ham is about €4 for 10 slices, you'd get maybe 3 sambos out of that. When you can get a sambo with drink etc for half that, seems pointless when you think youve to buy bread, butter, mayo, whatever else.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

sdonn wrote: »
    Id love to do that. Problem being I can't find cheapish chicken or ham that's decent quality - most decent ham is about €4 for 10 slices, you'd get maybe 3 sambos out of that. When you can get a sambo with drink etc for half that, seems pointless when you think youve to buy bread, butter, mayo, whatever else.

Few chicken fillets in the butchers, most places are €5 for 5, roast em and there's five sambos, could buy a smallish lump of ham too and boil it. Chicken and ham sambos for the week usually lasts for 3 or 4 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭flas

dunnes on henry street do lovely sandwhiches and wraps and ciabattas with a drink and crisps for 4.95,massive portitions aswell!like huge!

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Loaaaads of deals going on around the city at the moment.

As someone said Dunnes deli is very good value, particularly the one on Ste Green.

Also Fresh Camden St (think they have 4/5 premises) do any roll (and I mean ANY! got a chicken fillet roll with ham, peppers, sweetcorn, cheese and tomato yday!) plus a drink and crisps for a fiver.

Also, have you seen mylunch.ie? Plenty of vouchers and 2 for 1s there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Londis roll of the week + wedges = €3.50

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

I'm putting on weight even reading this thread. Thin is in. Big is out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭WooPeeA

Subway at James St. €4 for any 12'' sub after 5pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Firehen

Boland's on the small street between South Anne Street and Duke Street do cheap rolls. They're not bad, either.

Advertisement