Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice IRL Week 9

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭stevejr

RE: Vincent Browne. That old todger's heart would'nt be up to it! He's A Pretensious windbag anyway IMO.

Watched his show a few times, the man is unbelievable. Incoherent, off-topic, zero-insight and remincent of a dodgery old teacher.

What's the reason for being reasonable?

Is that an unreasonable question?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭stevejr

johnn wrote: »
    Barry set the indoor record for most usage of the word "Literally" on tonight's show.

Yeah we'll add that one definately. But then he's a font of cliches is Barry.

What's the reason for being reasonable?

Is that an unreasonable question?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

stevejr wrote: »
    RE: Vincent Browne. That old todger's heart would'nt be up to it! He's A Pretensious windbag anyway IMO.

Watched his show a few times, the man is unbelievable. Incoherent, off-topic, zero-insight and remincent of a dodgery old teacher.
    In other words, he is Bill Cullen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 BarneyBoy

Can anyone tell me who makes these self-heating meals ??

or where i can buy them

Been searching for ages tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I'd like to start by stating that there is no "t" in Michelin.

Dave Cashman was a bull-sh*tter from the start. How he got this far doing nothing is scandalous. Good bye to him and his ubiquitous sunglasses.

Niamh is hiding, her strategy seems to be do enough to make the PM think she worked really hard.

Will is useless, I'd call him a one trick pony if he had one trick.

Barry is a used car salesman, and could be in the future too if he was able to stop being so bloody nice in the boardroom.

Ciara is a one trick pony.

Panos is funny, but I think that's it.

For a PM, Michelle was anonymous last night. Didn't select the product and didn't do the pres. Ah, what did you do? Oh yeah, the POS - which you screwed up.

Big ears is both a "spoofer" and a "waffler".

If you owned a co., would you hire any of them?

I am looking forward to next week's task where the contestants must design a billboard containing as many of Bill's clichés, buzzwords, slogans, mixed metaphors etc. as possible. As there hasn't been a Supermacs task yet, I suspect that's going to be the prize - "Team X, youz will be dining tonight in one of Ireland's most exclusive restaurants. Supermacs on O'Connell Street is a fine dining emporium which serves curry chips with garlic, burgers, snack boxes and pizza; along with a various assortment of fizzy drinks and milkshakes. After your meal you will be treated to some retail therapy with a €20 gift voucher for Carroll's Irish Superstore on Westmoreland Street so youz can show me what been Irish meanz to yous."

• Advertisement

Dave Cashman and Breffny Morgan "spoofin'" and "wafflin'" on Newstalk at the mo.

Dave talking about his new website, myhighstreet.ie, Breffny talking about himself and his PR gigs etc.

Ivan suggested it was "good for pulling the birds" - quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Dave talking about his new website, myhighstreet.ie, Breffny talking about himself and his PR gigs etc.

Always good to have the website up and running before pimping it on radio..

http://www.domainregistry.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&whois=myhighstreet.ie&id=86&Itemid=105&Search.x=19&Search.y=6

Apprentice wannabe in ineptitude shocker! I didn't check as I assumed he'd at least have that done. If I was a devious little f*cker, I'd go and register that now before he can. I'm not though.......sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭joannaman

I'm sure I saw the suit Bill was wearing last night in Aldi or Lidl for around €30. 100% polyester and 100% flammable - he'd go up like a rocket if someone lit up near him.

I'm glad that Dave Flashman is gone. I thought he was a tit from day one. Full of **** and lazy, and he didn't do himself any favours by wearing his sunglasses on his head. Will does nothing except blink a lot when asked a question and will go soon, I'd say. Barry Sees Your 'unt is at least funny to watch with his unbridled enthusiasm for everything, his soldier boy jacket, and little Dublin boy lost routine when Bill is busting his balls - "ya know me Bill...", implying we're not spoofers like the rest of them.

Highlights tonight were:
    1. bill saying "liathroidi, where are all the warriors gone"
    2. excessive use of the word spoofing
    3. bill spitting out words such as passion...and panosssssssssssssssssssssssss

I would love one week Bill to lose the rag big time and tell them all get the fcuk out, you're all fired, bunch a spoofers the lotta yiz. And then turn on Brian, you free loading cnut, you're only here because of your auntie! And then Bill turning to the director and asking can we get some fcuking CGI on jackie.

What else...love that sliding door Bill comes through, very 60s bond style. I still reckon there is a jacks in there and bill will come out pulling up his zip one week. Also I love when bill gives his little opening speech at the start of the show and ends it with i'll see you back in the boardroom when one of you will be fired, and then does a dramatic turn and walk off. It's my fav part of the show but he should wear a cloak for effect and either disappear down a manhole or else get airlifted by a helicopter.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭jimmybeige

Is myhighstreet.ie the "product" they kept referring to that Dave was about to bring to the market? What is the concept exactly if anyone heard him describe it in the radio interview?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

joannaman wrote: »
    ...love that sliding door Bill comes through, very 60s bond style. I still reckon there is a jacks in there and bill will come out pulling up his zip one week.

+1 Some week we'll here the toilet flush before he walks out.
    joannaman wrote: »
    Also I love when bill gives his little opening speech at the start of the show and ends it with i'll see you back in the boardroom when one of you will be fired, and then does a dramatic turn and walk off. It's my fav part of the show but he should wear a cloak for effect and either disappear down a manhole or else get airlifted by a helicopter.

I think it's quite rude of him to just leave his colleagues standing there. What do Brian & Jackie do when Brian leaves??

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

That breffni fella really needs to pull his head out of his backside and grow up. all he talked about on newstalk was himself and how people can get him if they need a z list "celeb" to work for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Jackie is so predictable...

No matter who Barry left off she was always going to say..

I can't believe Barry didn't bring back (Insert name)

Every week she says it :rolleyes:

I'm strating to believe Barry is a shoe in now, he's the only guy i can see being Bill's glorified salesman. As poor as he is at times the rest of them are useless. Michelle probably best of the rest but she falls apart when the pressure is on.

jimmybeige wrote: »
    Is myhighstreet.ie the "product" they kept referring to that Dave was about to bring to the market? What is the concept exactly if anyone heard him describe it in the radio interview?

He said he was bringing the high street to every town in Ireland - then said he's have all the top brands like Jack & Jones and River Island on it. So basically a reseller.

I guess Prada weren't returning your calls Dave as they hold you singularly responsible for destroying the Prada Sport Sunglasses range in Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

So will Spar be selling these Michelin star quality meals from the show last night?

So will Spar be selling these Michelin star quality meals from the show last night?

Yes - in the New Year, when they're re-packaged and rebranded apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Namabillion

Theres an ad in the Indo for the winning product though

Its funny after watching the full show last night that I still don't understand how that product works. How does it fully heat itself? Any links to their website?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I have to say, the level of public speaking ability of any of the contestants is appalling. I'm a debating adjudicator at school, I know 2nd years who can speak better than them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭Nemi

I find I'm still a little perplexed at Bill banging on about how committed he is to buying Irish, when his job is selling French.

When he was lashing into Panos, Bill said something that suggests he sees his dealership as an indigenous Irish company. If there was any warrior in the room with liathróidí, they might have pointed out that Bill's sales appear on our balance of trade on the column headed 'imports'.

Then, in fairness to Bill, this is the same country where the Head of Government turns out to open new branches of Tesco.

Truly, a Michelin star rated episode.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭teekayd25

Was curious about the self-heating meal myself and went looking for a McEvoys website etc., but couldn't find anything. However, it seems that self-heating meals may not be a completely new thing . . . this company claims there is a technology that has been in use for over 15 years, with emergency services and military personnel in the US seemingly already quite familiar with such products

http://www.heatermeals.co.uk/

A magic combination of a sachet of salt water and a "heating pad" . . . :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I think we should all take a moment to be grateful for not having to look at Dave any longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Believability of tasks
    US = Mad
    UK = middling
    Ire = pretty close

Promotion of team over individual
    US = they all lurve on another
    UK = middling
    Ire = quite backstabby actually, but well hidden too.

Ability to do what is asked
    UK = pretty good
    US = not bad
    Ire = OMFG, 11 month calendar?

Entertainment value
    US = yawn, gets very 'produced'
    UK = OK
    Ire = anything can and often does happen :)

Watch out for Panos. He's just waiting until there are few enough to be noticed & without doubt he is one of the most switched on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

ch750536 wrote: »

Ehm, they're always at each other's throats! It's seen more raging bitchfests, more mud slinging, more underhanded tactics, and more insults in the boardroom than in the other two combined.

ch750536 wrote: »
    UK = middling
    Ire = quite backstabby actually, but well hidden too.
    You must be joking, Ireland is quite mild IMO. Haven't watched the US one but the UK one is full of sociopaths who will quite openly kick others in the balls to get ahead. The last couple of firings by Allen Sugar have gotten seriously heated.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭Speak Now

You must be joking, Ireland is quite mild IMO. Haven't watched the US one but the UK one is full of sociopaths who will quite openly kick others in the balls to get ahead. The last couple of firings by Allen Sugar have gotten seriously heated.

Paloma was a classic :)

Paloma was a classic :)
    THAT was her name! She was the best example of what I was talking about. Firing her was the best thing Sugar has done all season. How does she expect to do well with those people skills!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

I read that Michelle used to be a model, get her in a bikini that would be well worth the licence fee :) unreal body on her.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I'm just watching You're Fired now. Love Ivan, asks far better questions than Anton.

Also loving how Dave's 'best bits' are a collection of his screw ups!

• Advertisement

smuckers wrote: »
    I read that Michelle used to be a model, get her in a bikini that would be well worth the licence fee :) unreal body on her.

Quality Chassis.

Advertisement