Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speed Cam Van

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Having looked at the areas in Galway where they are going to be ,Headford road round about to the Corrib Great Southern, Kingston to Silverstrand, Western Motors to Carnmore Cross and from the Tuam Road across through Mervue to the Dublin Road I am convinced its a money making exercise how are these dangerous roads. The best way round this is to warn each other by flashing headlights if you see one.

In fairness, Kingston is lethal. It's a residential area with many children living in the area, and the lack of a bypass means that it's treated like a main traffic artery.

I abhor speed cameras, but anything that stops speeding on Kingston Road is welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭fago

I can recall at least 2 deaths from the corrib great southern to the headford road roundabout in the last few years.

Indeed someone was seriously injured on the Dublin road only a few weeks ago.
    I hope to see some of the citylink/go bus buses being caught ripping it down the bus lane inside a static line of traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

churchview wrote: »
    In fairness, Kingston is lethal. It's a residential area with many children living in the area, and the lack of a bypass means that it's treated like a main traffic artery.

I abhor speed cameras, but anything that stops speeding on Kingston Road is welcome.

+1

There's always an idiot tailgating me on Kingston and I have frequently been overtaken there, too. Nevermind that there is a continuous white line and a speed limit :mad:

Hope the speed traps get people to behave a little bit better.

CC

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

The N6 east from the westside roundabout, quinncentenary bridge through headford rd roundabout to the ballybane roundabout has a speed limit of 50kph twenty four hours a day.
    Routinely not adhered to, leads to vehicle-vehicle collisions, pedestrian-vehicle collisions, injuries and deaths.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

In general though, is it just me or are people actually driving more slowly now that there's a higher risk of getting caught?

Had the impression this morning that traffic was altogether more civilised.

Long may it last.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

???

That means it just an unfounded assumption then?

It's common practise, you are not going to see someone fined for been 5kmh over the limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭apoeiguq3094y

hondasam wrote: »
    It's common practise, you are not going to see someone fined for been 5kmh over the limit.

Ah you hear of loads of people ringing Joe Duffy etc complaining that they were caught going 55 in a 50.

I've found that the car speedometer is about 5% below the sat nav (for my particular car.. not saying its a general rule). So you may get away with 125/130 on a motorway, but you only get 52/53 in a city limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Anybody see these vans about Galway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Amhran Nua

snubbleste wrote: »
    The N6 east from the westside roundabout, quinncentenary bridge through headford rd roundabout to the ballybane roundabout has a speed limit of 50kph twenty four hours a day.
    Routinely not adhered to, leads to vehicle-vehicle collisions, pedestrian-vehicle collisions, injuries and deaths.
    Thats what I thought, yet I'd some muppet in a van gesticulating at me the last day for going that speed, just below Ballybane. Needless to say I caught up with him twice at the lights and ended up five feet behind him when I turned off towards Salthill at the top of Threadneedle road.

Advertisement