Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Streaming from PC to TV??

• 15-11-2010 9:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭

I'm not sure if this is the right place but what exists out there to stream video from a pc, wirelessly, to a TV like a PS3 does? Any recommendations?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

A network media player is what you are describing. Some have built-in wireless, some are wired-only. And some don't have wireless out of the box, but can take a USB wireless dongle. For example WDTV Live (+wireless dongle).

And on the PC side of things, most recent versions of Windows make it easy to set up file shares or UPNP media streaming.

Note that the speed and quality of your wireless network is something you will need to consider.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

That looks awesome!!

I've been wondering if there was a way i could record what i hear/see on my screen ON MY VCR :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭dnme

OP
    There is a technology standard called DLNA that facilitates exactly what you are talking about. DLNA describes a protocol for pulling and pushing media over a standard network connection. A lot of new LCD/Led TV's are now DLNA certified with a LAN port built in.

I have a Philips 37" TV that supports the above. I have it cabled to my wireless router. I have Windows 7 on my laptop which, combined with media player 11 (or is it 12) supports DLNA and media streaming.

In Windows, I can right click on any media file (video, image, audio) and I get a context menu option "Play To". Under that my TV is listed. Clicking on this sends the media file to my TV and it plays like magic. Wonderful technology.

Advertisement