Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celtic Broadband

• 15-11-2010 9:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭

I am moving in the next week or so and I need to have broadband in my house as soon as possible. I prefer to use smaller localized companies eircom, Perlico, 3, UPC and such as I find that their customer service is crap. I am currently with Munster broadband and have been for nearly two years, they are absolutely brilliant, hardly ever down, consistent speeds and their customer service is pretty good too. So I really don't feel like going to a crappy provider, has anyone used Celtic Broadband and what are their experiences with them. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 thecableguy

why can't you stay with munster BB?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Believe I would if I could but they don't provide service in the area I am moving into. Really dissapointed by that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 ptdireland

Celtic BB are just reselling an shdsl connection from smart telecom.
    You would be better off getting a 3g dongle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

ptdireland wrote: »
    Celtic BB are just reselling an shdsl connection from smart telecom.
    You would be better off getting a 3g dongle.

Didn't know that, thanks for the info, a 3g dongle just isn't fast enough for me, my friend lives in the area and hes on the 3 dongle and the thing is as slow as a week, 3 is refusing to give them a booster and when they threaten to leave and move to another compnay they basically say fine, move. Right now I'm kind of between UPC and Magnet, it's leaning towards UPC simply due to the cost tbh. I have to contact both companies and see if they offer service in my area.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 JP Ireland

They are on a fiber link from Limerick to Dublin via INEX

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement